Double posting using Chromium and Debian

• Thread starter ojs
  • Start date
In summary, Chromium (the unbranded version of Chrome) on Debian sometimes causes posts to be double posted when using the quick response button. This is most likely due to a dodgy mouse or a faulty post button. However, the system log does not always show the deletion of the post.
ojs
Hi there, I have recently switched my browser to Chromium (the unbranded version of Chrome) on Debian and sometimes (not always) when using the quick response button I double post my answers and have to delete one of them. Is this a bug in Chromium or the forums?

Physics news on Phys.org
Let's start with the basics.

Are you positive you aren't double clicking the post button?

The only time it happens to me is when I double click it by mistake.

On the theme of basics, you may have a dodgy mouse which is double clicking when you single click.

cobalt124 said:
On the theme of basics, you may have a dodgy mouse which is double clicking when you single click.

yes, thought about that, so I tried using alt-s instead and the same thing happens so I think I can rule out both that I am double clicking and that my mouse is at fault.

Hi Greg, can you see my user track? Does the system log deletes and such?
The strangest thing is that this seems random (those are always the most difficult), sometimes this happens and sometimes not.
I thought I had noticed a pattern in that when double posting happened then I wasn't taken to an intermediate page which said "thank you for posting, you will be taken to the original post in a moment" or something like that, but if I saw that page then double posting didn't happen. But I was wrong, when I posted the reply above then I didn't see that page and I didn't double post.

Hi Greg, can you see my user track? Does the system log deletes and such?
The strangest thing is that this seems random (those are always the most difficult), sometimes this happens and sometimes not.
I thought I had noticed a pattern in that when double posting happened then I wasn't taken to an intermediate page which said "thank you for posting, you will be taken to the original post in a moment" or something like that, but if I saw that page then double posting didn't happen. But I was wrong, when I posted the reply above then I didn't see that page and I didn't double post.

And there it happened, double post!

Related to Double posting using Chromium and Debian

1. What is "Double posting"?

"Double posting" refers to the act of submitting a post or comment multiple times on a forum or platform, often by accident or due to technical issues.

2. How does Chromium and Debian relate to double posting?

Chromium and Debian are both open-source software programs commonly used for web browsing and online activities. Double posting can occur when using these programs if there are bugs or glitches in the code that cause posts to be submitted multiple times.

3. What are some possible reasons for double posting using Chromium and Debian?

Double posting can occur due to technical issues, such as slow internet connection or server errors. It can also happen if the user accidentally clicks the submit button multiple times, or if there are bugs in the software causing posts to be duplicated.

4. How can double posting be prevented when using Chromium and Debian?

To prevent double posting, it is important to ensure a stable internet connection and to avoid clicking the submit button multiple times. Additionally, keeping both Chromium and Debian up to date with the latest versions and bug fixes can help prevent technical issues that may lead to double posting.

5. Is double posting using Chromium and Debian a common issue?

While double posting can occur when using any software, it is not a common issue specifically related to Chromium and Debian. Both programs have a large user base and regular updates to address any potential bugs that may cause double posting.