Don't know how if the rule meter will be titled or not

• Thread starter Syndy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Meter
In summary, the question is asking how to draw the rule tilted on the pivot and the answer is that it should be on a bench.
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi Syndy,

Could you use the template again next time ?

it says that to draw the rule tilted and in bench and to use suitable number of weight
Strange, I read "Draw on Fig. 5.1 the metre rule with load Q on it".
All they want you to do is let the correct end of the ruler rest on the bench and write some numbers in relevant places. I would just copy the 49.7 and 84.2 -- after all they mention a "49.7" mark and a "84.2 mark"

I'm pretty much forbidden by PF rules to show you the picture I just had fun making, but if you can post an attempt, I'm certainly allowed to comment :wink: !

Likes Syndy
Thank you very much for your reply.
Do you mean I don't put the meter rule over the pivot instead I put it on bench? The answer says the rule to be rule tilted and on bench!

Do you think it will be like this?

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=d5f23e3

Sorry I don't know how to use the template.

Last edited by a moderator:
Syndy said:
Thank you very much for your reply.
Do you mean I don't put the meter rule over the pivot instead I put it on bench? The answer says the rule to be rule tilted and on bench!

Do you think it will be like this?

http://www.tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=d5f23e3

Sorry I don't know how to use the template.
Yes, that would be the diagram BvU has, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes Syndy
The marking notes in the 'solution' mention "suitable number(s)", but I suppose Syndy's diagram demonstrates that he/she correctly interpreted those numbers.

If you want to make absolutely sure, draw in both numbers.

Likes Syndy
Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.

Related to Don't know how if the rule meter will be titled or not

What does the "rule meter" refer to?

The "rule meter" refers to a hypothetical tool or system that would be used to measure or enforce rules in a specific context.

Why is it uncertain if the rule meter will be titled or not?

The decision to title the rule meter or not may depend on various factors, such as its purpose, functionality, and effectiveness. It is possible that the creators of the rule meter have not yet determined whether or not it should have a title.

What is the purpose of the rule meter?

The purpose of the rule meter is to provide a means of measuring and enforcing rules, potentially in a more objective and consistent manner.

What are some possible benefits of having a rule meter?

A rule meter could potentially help to streamline and clarify rule enforcement processes, reduce potential biases or inconsistencies, and increase overall fairness and accountability.

Will the rule meter have any limitations or potential drawbacks?

Like any tool or system, the rule meter may have limitations or potential drawbacks, such as the potential for error or misuse. It will be important for the creators of the rule meter to carefully consider and address these potential issues.