As if I didn't have enough to worry about

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, a woman saw a mountain lion with her dog in its mouth and then later found a cow mutilated. Nearby, a dog was killed by a mountain lion. People are scared of mountain lions and some are considering getting guns to protect themselves.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I live in a very rural area. Tonight I was talking to my nextdoor neighbor and she told me that the woman down the street had heard her chihuahua screaming and she looked out the back door to see a mountain lion with her dog in it's mouth. She watched in horror as her dog was ripped apart and eaten.

Nearby, a cow was just found mutilated. I heard weird cries from a cow this morning, now I know why. :frown:

Great, I have mountain lions stalking my house. I have closed all my windows downstairs, but I am still looking for all the stray cats I care for. :frown:

I have come across mountain lion footprints before when hiking near my home, but I didn't think they would come this far.

If I suddenly disappear, you know why. :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
I never have heard of the mountain lion, but just found this photo for you
http://home.globalcrossing.net/~brendel/puma.html :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Guess what's for dinner! :) Yummy big cats.

You should do somethingl like the Modest Proposal by Swift...

Raingun those cats to death and then eat them or sell them on the fresh meat market... You can start like the new dish with Lion meats or something like that, export it to Europe and those countries for exotic recipties. :)

Anyways, dispose of them somehow...

Or... Train them! Beat them to do your dirty work.

Yep, that's it meteor.

"When stalking and attacking its prey, the puma makes good use of its extrordinary jumping abilities, with running long jumps sometimes exceeding 45 feet and vertical leaps of up to 15 feet. This jumping ability results from a combination of powerful rear leg muscles and an optimum overall size and weight. Exploding from a crouched stalking position, the puma typically emerges from ambush in two or three great bounds and seizes its prey before it has time to escape. The puma generally drags its prey to a place of safety before eating."

I told my daughter to call me from the driveway on her cell phone and keep honking her horn.

I'm considering getting a gun. :frown:

Ebolamonk3y, want to come over for lunch? :biggrin:

oh Evo, do be careful, don't wander too far from home and bring a stunt gun with you.

Polly, I'm making light of it, but it is really scaring me. These aren't things to be messed with. Animal control is trying to catch them, but they are very elusive. They strike quickly and silently. :frown:

They should hire the people who do nature shows to locate that cat. Those people track the lives of the same animals for years just for an hour special, you'd think that the same level of tracking would be found in animal control people. Don't they know where they like to sleep or anything?

Don't worry Evo. From my place up in the tree I can see right into your bedroom. I'll make sure the mountain lion doesn't bother you. You are in no danger from the cat. You keep using the plural, but mountain lions are very solitary. So stop and think about what it is you are scared of -one kitty cat out there who's biggest accomplishment is that is was able to over power the taco bell dog. If I were you I'd be excited at the prospect of actually seeing a mountain lion. There aren't a lot out there and they are very shy creatures, but they are beautiful. Unless you date someone named Sigfried you don't have anything to worry about. It would be a good idea to keep an eye on your pets, don't leave food outside, and pick up a camera instead of a gun. Heck, if I were you I'd be a lot more scared of me than anything else.
ps you left the light on in the kitchen.

tribdog said:
Don't worry Evo. From my place up in the tree I can see right into your bedroom. I'll make sure the mountain lion doesn't bother you. You are in no danger from the cat. You keep using the plural, but mountain lions are very solitary. So stop and think about what it is you are scared of -one kitty cat out there who's biggest accomplishment is that is was able to over power the taco bell dog.
Well, it killed a cow too. I noticed I didn't see any horses around today. I guess people either have moved them or they're being kept in the stable.
If I were you I'd be excited at the prospect of actually seeing a mountain lion.
Not in my driveway. :eek:
It would be a good idea to keep an eye on your pets, don't leave food outside, and pick up a camera instead of a gun.
Am I supposed to hit the cat with the camera or just confuse it by snapping pics?
Heck, if I were you I'd be a lot more scared of me than anything else.
:biggrin: I am.
ps you left the light on in the kitchen.
Note to self - close curtains.

Delighted! I'll bring my AK47 for the hunt as well! :) Red Army mafia.

Evo said:
I'm considering getting a gun.

I wouldn't recommend a gun. Personally, I'd use a sword, but that's just me.

I would not advise using a camera instead of a gun. While most animals, most predators even, don't bother people, mountain lions will.

Njorl

I dunno, you could get quite a hefty swing on a camera, I would try tickling its belly and then while it's laughing, club it with a tree branch. Then put it in a ferocious pose and have it sent to the taxidermist.

Jimmy, I don't think the belly rub thing will work.. unless Evo sticks herself in one of those dog-bite training suits everytime she goes out.. hey! that might just work! I really need one of those too.. I've got a main coon at home and she nearly had me standing on the kitchen sink once, luckily the kitchen chair was closer by.. :biggrin: we're having the liver of this little kitty checked out to find an explanation for her sudden bouts of madness, the suit might still work for you Evo :cool:

ps. I've heard the suit works really well to ward off tribdogs too..

Last edited:
Monique said:
ps. I've heard the suit works really well to ward off tribdogs too..
I don't know if that's true or not. Nobody's ever wanted to ward me off.

1. What does "As if I didn't have enough to worry about" mean?

"As if I didn't have enough to worry about" is a phrase that is typically used to express frustration or exasperation with a situation or circumstance. It implies that the person already has a lot on their mind and is now dealing with something else that adds to their worries.

2. Is "As if I didn't have enough to worry about" a common saying?

Yes, this phrase is commonly used in everyday conversation and is often used in a sarcastic or humorous manner. It can also be found in literature, movies, and TV shows.

3. Can "As if I didn't have enough to worry about" be used in a positive way?

No, this phrase is typically used in a negative context. It expresses a feeling of being overwhelmed or burdened by additional worries.

4. What are some similar phrases to "As if I didn't have enough to worry about"?

Some similar phrases include "As if I didn't have my hands full already", "As if I needed another problem", and "As if I didn't have my plate full already". All of these phrases convey a similar sentiment of feeling overwhelmed or burdened.

5. How can "As if I didn't have enough to worry about" be used in a scientific context?

In a scientific context, this phrase could be used to express frustration with unexpected or additional challenges in a research project or experiment. It could also be used to convey the stress of juggling multiple projects or responsibilities in a scientific career.