Does your computer reflect your personality

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Computer
In summary, the conversation discusses the different desktop backgrounds and conditions of the participants' computers. One has a gaming rig named Clubber Lang with a picture of Mr. T from Rocky III, while the other has a background of stars and nebulae. They also mention the speed and cleanliness of their computers, with one having a chronically sticky mouse and a cluttered Downloads folder.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Mine does, its old but still in good condition, its as fast as i am because i am putting in the input, its shinny on top like me and procrastinate like me.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Maybe your desktop background has some indication of personality as well

I have a gaming rig named Clubber Lang.

http://theeradicatorreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Clubber-Lang-Mr.-T-Rocky-III.jpg

I think most would say it does not reflect my personality outside of computer related activities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine is full of pictures of stars and nebula and the background is a 12 cube so I suppose it reflects my love for maths and learning about the universe.

Kinda old but still getting along...slow...battery died a while back, won't recharge...the "N" key is naked...has a chronically sticky mouse...

Oh I hope not.

Yup. Always clean. No temporary files, no bunch of startup programs or services slowing me down, no nothing. Very slim and fast. Really clean and pleasant to work with...

Except my Downloads folder. Don't get in there, it's a maze with over 100,000 files (all kind of IDEs with libraries and stuff). You will never get out alive.

Related to Does your computer reflect your personality

1. How does my computer reflect my personality?

Your computer reflects your personality through the customization and organization of your desktop, screensaver, and background. It also reflects your interests and hobbies through the types of programs and files you have saved on your computer.

2. Can my computer usage habits reveal my personality?

Yes, your computer usage habits can reveal aspects of your personality. For example, someone who keeps their desktop clean and organized may be more detail-oriented and orderly, while someone with a cluttered desktop may be more creative and spontaneous.

3. Is there a link between a person's choice of technology and their personality?

Some studies suggest that there may be a link between a person's choice of technology and their personality. For example, individuals who prefer Mac computers may be more artistic and open-minded, while those who prefer PC may be more practical and detail-oriented. However, this is not a definitive correlation and can vary from person to person.

4. Can my computer reveal personal information about me?

Yes, your computer can reveal personal information about you through the browsing history, saved files, and personal accounts and passwords. It is important to properly secure and protect your computer to prevent others from accessing this information.

5. How can I use my computer to better understand my personality?

You can use your computer to better understand your personality by analyzing your computer usage habits and the types of technology and programs you are drawn to. You can also take online personality quizzes and tests specifically designed for understanding how your computer reflects your personality.