Does smoking Hookah cause COVID?

In summary, the conversation pertains to a query about the relationship between smoking marijuana and Covid. It is suggested to do a Google search for medical references on the topic. Smoking does not directly cause Covid, but can affect the likelihood and outcome of infection. The thread has been locked by the speaker.
user852
New user has been reminded that thread starts must be based on valid references (which are missing here)
I want to know about this thing.

• Skeptical
Likes phinds and BillTre
Biology news on Phys.org
user852 said:
This looks like a BS thing posted by someone who just joined.

Likes russ_watters
BillTre said:
This looks like a BS thing posted by someone who just joined.
Agree.

Likes russ_watters and BillTre
phinds said:
Agree.
That was supposed to be a report, but I guess I hit the wrong button.

Likes russ_watters
BillTre said:
That was supposed to be a report, but I guess I hit the wrong button.
Agreed :smile:

• Haha
Likes russ_watters and BillTre
LOL. I hit the el-Locko button for now. Let me figure out what to do...

Likes BillTre
user852 said:
Then you should do a Google search like Smoking Marijuana and Covid to find good medical references like this one:

https://ascpjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s13722-021-00214-0

As for Causing Covid, no. The SARS-CoV-2 virus is what causes Covid infections. Smoking has effects on the liklihood of infection and also the outcomes of the infection, but it cannot cause it.

Thread will stay locked.

Likes phinds and BillTre

Related to Does smoking Hookah cause COVID?

1. Does smoking Hookah increase the risk of contracting COVID-19?

There is no direct evidence that smoking Hookah increases the risk of contracting COVID-19. However, smoking in general weakens the immune system and can make individuals more susceptible to respiratory infections, including COVID-19.

2. Can secondhand smoke from Hookah spread COVID-19?

Yes, secondhand smoke from Hookah can potentially spread COVID-19, as the virus can be transmitted through respiratory droplets in the air. It is important to avoid being in close proximity to others who are smoking Hookah to reduce the risk of exposure.

3. Is it safe to share a Hookah with friends during the COVID-19 pandemic?

No, it is not safe to share a Hookah with friends during the COVID-19 pandemic. Sharing a Hookah involves close contact and the sharing of mouthpieces, which can increase the risk of spreading the virus.

4. Can smoking Hookah help prevent or cure COVID-19?

No, smoking Hookah does not prevent or cure COVID-19. In fact, smoking can weaken the immune system and increase the risk of developing severe symptoms if infected with the virus.

5. Are there any alternative ways to enjoy Hookah without the risk of COVID-19?

Yes, there are alternative ways to enjoy Hookah without the risk of COVID-19. Consider using a personal Hookah device or smoking at home with members of your household to reduce the risk of exposure to the virus.