Does light curve toward ordered

In summary, the conversation discusses whether light curves towards objects with less entropy and the path of least resistance towards entropy. The conclusion is that light is deflected by gravitational fields, but this has nothing to do with entropy. The thread can now be closed as the original question has been answered.
Pjpic
If I'm correct in thinking light curves towards objects with less entropy; why wouldn't the path of least resistance be towards entropy?

Science news on Phys.org
Um... Does light curve towards objects with less entropy?

Pjpic said:
If I'm correct in thinking light curves towards objects with less entropy...

You are not correct, which kind of takes the fun out of the rest of the question.

Nugatory said:
You are not correct, which kind of takes the fun out of the rest of the question.
I was thinking that light bends towards a star and a star has less entropy that the surrounding space.

Pjpic said:
I was thinking that light bends towards a star and a star has less entropy that the surrounding space.

Um... Surrounding space has no entropy. Or extremely little, since it's nearly empty. There will be only minute traces of gas. A star has some entropy, since it has lots of gas.

Maybe you could back up a bit?

Pjpic said:

Light will indeed be deflected by gravitational fields, including those associated with stars, but this effect has nothing whatsoever to do with entropy.

as the original question has been answered, this thread can be closed.

Likes DEvens

Related to Does light curve toward ordered

1. Does light always travel in a straight line?

No, light can curve or bend when it passes through different mediums or is affected by gravity.

2. What is meant by "ordered" in relation to light?

In this context, "ordered" refers to the organization and alignment of light particles or waves, which can be influenced by various factors such as the medium it travels through or the presence of a gravitational force.

3. How does gravity affect the path of light?

Gravity can cause light to bend or curve, a phenomenon known as gravitational lensing. This is because gravity can warp the fabric of space, altering the path of light as it travels through it.

4. Can light curve in a vacuum?

Yes, light can still be affected by gravity and therefore can curve even in a vacuum where there is no medium for it to travel through.

5. Are there any other factors besides gravity that can cause light to curve?

Yes, light can also be curved or refracted when passing through different mediums with varying densities, such as air or water. This is known as refraction.