Does anyone have a design of a biogas plant? Please help.

In summary, the conversation discusses a request for a design of a type-small one stage biogas plant in CAD, and inquires about the time it takes to get methane from a fermentation plant. The speaker also mentions the possibility of finding information in the "Mother Earth News" magazine from the 1970s and estimates the digestion period to be around thirty days.
charles2007
Hello,
Does anyone has a design of a type-small one stage biogas plant (CAD). Does anyone know how long will it take to get methane out from the fermentation plant? Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Engineering news on Phys.org
do you have any place i can refer??

Two quick points:

You would probably do better in the chemistry forum.

There was a lot of interest in methane generation and anerobic digesters back in the 1970s(remember the Opec embargo). If you can find them you might try "Mother Earth News" during those years; they had a lot of related articles during that period in sort of a do-it-yourself vein. As I dimly recall, the digester period was probably somewhere around thirty days.

KM

Related to Does anyone have a design of a biogas plant? Please help.

1. What is a biogas plant?

A biogas plant is a system that converts organic waste materials, such as animal manure, food waste, and plant matter, into biogas. Biogas is a renewable energy source that can be used for cooking, heating, and electricity generation.

2. How does a biogas plant work?

In a biogas plant, organic waste materials are placed in a sealed container, called a digester. The digester is then heated and mixed with water and bacteria, which break down the waste materials and produce biogas. The biogas is then collected and can be used as an energy source.

3. What are the benefits of a biogas plant?

Biogas plants provide several benefits, including reducing waste and emissions, producing renewable energy, and creating organic fertilizer. They also help to reduce the dependence on non-renewable energy sources and promote sustainable practices.

4. Are there different types of biogas plants?

Yes, there are several types of biogas plants, including batch digesters, continuous digesters, and plug-flow digesters. The type of digester used depends on the type and amount of waste materials, as well as the desired output of biogas.

5. Can I build my own biogas plant?

Yes, it is possible to build a small-scale biogas plant for personal use. However, it is important to research and understand the process and potential risks before attempting to build one. It is recommended to seek guidance from experts or consult with a professional before building a biogas plant.