Document management + easy way to scan?

• Thread starter christian0710
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Management
In summary, the person is looking for an easy and fast way to scan their notes and drawings onto their computer, as well as a smart document management system for their science classes at university. They are currently using an old scanner, which takes a long time to scan documents. They are seeking suggestions, and are using Windows 7. A suggestion is to buy a professional grade scanner with a sheet feeder, or to use Documalis - business document solutions for efficient scanning and document management.
christian0710
Hi I’m looking for two things
1. An easy and fast way to scan (take pictures) of my notes/figures/drawings so i can put them on my computer.
2. A smart document management system for science classes at university. I often make good notes and drawings on paper but it would be nice to have an easy way to retrieve all the drawings on my computer and a fast way of storing and organizing them. It takes forever to use my old scanner to scan my documents.

I would appreciate some suggestions. I'm using windows 7 by the way :)

Computer science news on Phys.org
Your problem is a little confusing. Is it the scanner takes too long or are you concerned about organizing after scanning?

christian0710 said:
It takes forever to use my old scanner to scan my documents.

Buy a professional grade scanner with a sheet feeder.

Hi,
Use Documalis- business document solutions (http://www.documalis.com/). It will help you to scan the documents and manage documents quickly without any hassle.

Hello, thank you for reaching out with your request for suggestions on document management and scanning solutions. I understand the importance of efficient and organized data management. Here are my recommendations:

1. For an easy and fast way to scan your notes, figures, and drawings, I would suggest investing in a portable document scanner. These scanners are designed specifically for quick and easy scanning of documents and images. They are compact, lightweight, and can easily connect to your computer via USB. Some popular options include the Fujitsu ScanSnap iX1500 and the Epson WorkForce ES-300W.

2. To manage and organize your scanned documents, I recommend using a cloud-based document management system. These systems allow you to store and access your documents from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection. They also offer features such as search capabilities, tagging, and customizable folders for easy organization. Some popular options include Google Drive, Dropbox, and Microsoft OneDrive.

Additionally, you may want to consider using a document scanning app on your smartphone. These apps allow you to take pictures of your notes and documents and convert them into digital files. Some even have features for organizing and annotating your scanned documents. Some popular options include CamScanner and Adobe Scan.

I hope these suggestions help in your search for an easy and efficient document management and scanning solution. Best of luck in your studies!

Related to Document management + easy way to scan?

1. What is document management?

Document management refers to the process of storing, organizing, and managing electronic documents and files. It allows for easy access, retrieval, and sharing of documents within an organization.

2. What are the benefits of document management?

Document management offers numerous benefits, including improved efficiency and productivity, reduced storage space and costs, enhanced security and backup, and better document organization and accessibility.

3. What is the easiest way to scan documents?

The easiest way to scan documents is by using a document scanner or a multifunction printer with scanning capabilities. Simply place the document on the scanner bed, select the desired settings, and press the scan button. The scanned document will then be saved as a digital file on your computer.

4. Can document management systems integrate with existing software?

Yes, document management systems can be integrated with existing software, such as email and accounting programs. This allows for seamless document sharing and workflow automation.

5. Is document management secure?

Document management systems offer various security measures to protect your documents, including user authentication, access controls, and encryption. It is important to choose a reputable document management system with strong security protocols in place to ensure the safety of your sensitive documents.