Learning How to Gleek: Can Anyone Teach Me the Secret?

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
In summary, gleeking is the ability to shoot a stream of saliva from the mouth. It involves raising the tongue slightly, pulling back the tongue, and flexing it to expel the saliva. Some people can even form a bubble of saliva on the end of their tongue and make it fly off into the air. While it may be embarrassing to accidentally gleek on someone or something, it is considered a cool and rare talent.
climbhi
Alright who can gleek, and more importantly who can teach me how!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I had a friend who taught me to do this. He could send out a perfect little stream about a foot and half. It is hard for me to put it into words but I raise my tounge slightly with mouth ajar and pull in the bottom of my throat (sorry, that's the best I can explain it) and sort of pull my tounge back.
The rest is just saliva on the butter dish.

[edit]
Now, if you'd like to do some Geeking here is a way to get started;
http://www.dmine.com/gm2002/photos/21.jpg [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on people surely someone out there can offer some more explanations for me. This is important, were talking childhood dreams will be shattered here if I never learn how to gleek!

I need an explanation of what Gleeking is before I can tell you whether I can do it or not :smile:

I don't really...get it from that photo lol.

That photo is geeking. I'm talking about gleeking. Its where you can somehow magically open your mouth and a perfect little ray of saliva goes streaking out from your mouth. I think how it works is it actually shoots saliva straight out of your salivary ducts out of your mouth and casts a fine mist of saliva on your unsuspecting targets. It sounds stupid, but it is incredibly cool. If you ever saw someone do it you would understand why it is so cool, and would like me, demand to know how to do it!

LOL, yeah I've always been able to do it. I can usually get 3 spurts at one time before it dries up.

I kind of open my mouth a little, and put my tongue somewhere near the middle of the roof of my mouth. And whooosh!

I can now give my rare talent a name

it is a matter of applying a quick and precise pressure from your tongue to the bottom of your mouth. basically you put your tongue up on the roof of your mouth and then flex it so that it expands and pushes forward, thereby displacing the saliva which pools in front of it. ever cooler, i can form a little bubble on the end of my tongue and make it fly off into the air.

This thread is making me salivate.
It is embarrassing to have a stream shoot off onto the butter dish or loaf of bread, or the plate of some company you’re having dinner with, or the company his/her self. All of that has happened to me and sometimes I’ve wondered if practicing only increases the odds of it happening by accident. Did anyone ever pretend they were a spitting cobra when doing this?

Sssssss

I used to do it all the time when I was little, though not on purpose. Thankfully it's stopped now. People don't usually appreciate your saliva on their face...

Originally posted by kyleb
ever cooler, i can form a little bubble on the end of my tongue and make it fly off into the air.

lol this was going to be the next thing I asked, so how do you do that?

re- - : gleekin'

Yea, there was a time when I envied all the boys in my class who committed themselves to gleeking. I didn't like being salivated upon, but regardless. It is very cool to watch.

If only I too knew how...

:frown:

1. What is gleeking and how do you do it?

Gleeking is the spontaneous projection of saliva from the submandibular gland upon compression by the tongue. To gleek, you must first locate your submandibular gland, which is located underneath your tongue and towards the back of your mouth. Then, you can use your tongue to compress the gland and project saliva.

2. Can anyone learn how to gleek?

Yes, anyone can learn how to gleek with practice and proper technique. Some people may have a natural ability to gleek, while others may need to work harder to develop the skill.

3. Is gleeking harmful or dangerous?

No, gleeking is not harmful or dangerous. It is a natural bodily function and does not pose any health risks.

4. How long does it take to learn how to gleek?

The amount of time it takes to learn how to gleek varies for each individual. Some may be able to learn it quickly, while others may need more practice. It is important to be patient and persistent in practicing the technique.

5. Are there any tips or tricks for mastering the art of gleeking?

Some tips for mastering the art of gleeking include practicing in front of a mirror to see your technique, staying hydrated to produce more saliva, and experimenting with different tongue and mouth positions to find what works best for you.