Displacement calculated analytically

In summary, Green's function is a powerful tool used in analytical calculations of displacement and can be expressed in Matlab for easier use.
graba
Dear users,

right now I am struggling with calculations of the displacement in the analytically way. I am trying to accomplish this with help of the Eshelby's work (Eshelby's tensor). Right now I have a problem with Green's function. Displacement is expressed by Green's function, it looks like this (please see attachment).
Now I need Your help, because I don't know how to express Green's function from above equation in Matlab. Can anybody explain the Green's function from the simplest mathematical way?

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 411
Physics news on Phys.org
Green's function from the equation is essentially a mathematical tool used to solve equations involving differential operators. It is a solution to a differential equation that satisfies certain conditions at two points, allowing for the solution of the equation for any value of a parameter in between those two points. The Green's function can be used to calculate the displacement at any point in a system from the known displacement and force distributions at other points in the system.

Related to Displacement calculated analytically

What is displacement calculated analytically?

Displacement calculated analytically is a method used in physics and engineering to determine the change in position of an object over time. It involves using mathematical equations and formulas to calculate the displacement of an object based on its initial position, velocity, and acceleration.

How is displacement calculated analytically?

Displacement is calculated analytically by using formulas such as the displacement equation (Δx = xf - xi) or the kinematic equations (Δx = v0t + 0.5at2). These equations take into account the initial position, velocity, and acceleration of an object to determine its displacement over a given time interval.

What is the difference between displacement and distance?

Displacement is a vector quantity that refers to the change in position of an object from its starting point to its ending point. Distance, on the other hand, is a scalar quantity that refers to the total length traveled by an object, regardless of its starting and ending positions. Displacement takes into account direction and is typically represented by an arrow, while distance is a numerical value.

What are some real-world applications of displacement calculated analytically?

Displacement calculated analytically is used in various fields such as physics, engineering, and navigation. It is used to study the motion of objects, design structures and machines, and determine the position of objects in space. It is also used in GPS systems to track the movement of vehicles and in sports to analyze the performance of athletes.

What are the limitations of displacement calculated analytically?

Displacement calculated analytically assumes that an object is moving in a straight line with constant acceleration. This is not always the case in real-world scenarios where objects may experience non-uniform or changing acceleration. Additionally, this method does not take into account external factors such as air resistance or friction, which can affect the displacement of an object.