Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Discussing MHF

M R

Jun 22, 2013
Is it safe to visit MHF or do we not mention that place?

When I try to visit the site something strange happens. I know a lot of you made a lot of good posts there and it would be a shame if it was all lost.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
re: "MHF"

I visit and help there occasionally, but the administrator is MIA and has for some reason decided not to bestow moderating privileges to the moderators, and so the spam goes unchecked. There is no rule against mentioning MHF...in my opinion, it is just another site with which we compete, no more or no less.

This site does have many people who were once an integral part of that site, but have long since moved forward to make this site unique among the math help community. This was their loss and our gain. I would rather focus on what has been gained here than was has been lost there. We are quickly building a great database of knowledge here.

We also have a group of great people here who all care to make MHB the best place it can be. I'm not just talking about the staff either (although the staff here is great), we have many conscientious members who consistently work hard to make MHB more and more interesting and informative. I truly am proud to be a part of MHB.

What sets MHB apart from other sites is that we are an actual community here. We welcome new members, we joke around with one another, we care about the well-being of each other in our personal lives. There is a tangible momentum here, moving in a great direction, which you just don't see elsewhere. Great care is taken so that the perception of MHB by visitors is not marred in any way.

I know this may be far more information than what is being sought, but I really wanted to convey the idea that we have long since moved on from the days when MHF was referred to as "the site that shall not be mentioned." We are no longer just the site that arose when MHF began to suffer from administrative neglect. Those days are far behind us. We are now simply MHB, the site with the great team of caring and dedicated administrators, with clearly, carefully and passionately enforced rules designed to make MHB as useful and beneficial as it can be.

We are simply MHB, the best math help site on the internet. (Rock)

zzephod

Feb 3, 2013
Is it safe to visit MHF or do we not mention that place?

When I try to visit the site something strange happens. I know a lot of you made a lot of good posts there and it would be a shame if it was all lost.
There is something wrong with Google searches for it, a significant proportion of the time you click on a link from a Google search it takes you somewhere else.