Is "The Core" based on real science or just pure fiction?

• Thread starter tee
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Core
In summary, the conversation discusses the movie "The Core" and its scientific accuracy. The link provided gives a detailed analysis of the movie's unrealistic elements. The conversation also touches on the humor of the movie and the entertainment value it offers. Overall, the general consensus is that the movie is not scientifically accurate, but still enjoyable.
tee
How much of the movie, "The Core" is true?

Physics news on Phys.org
Good link, nice explanations, Awww, "movie science" some Fun, as I now dawn my unobtainium suit and fly off into spaaaaace, and beyond!

i love how there were dolphins swimming around thousands of feet below the surface... haha yeah right, you know how much pressure there'd be? what can a dolphin swim to? several hundred at the most?

Wow, there were more flaws than I thought.

Inspite of all of this though, you gotta' love Rat .

I heard it was an entertaining movie, but I saw the trailer with a group of friends and we couldn't stop laughing. What made it even funnier was that the other people in the theater didn't understand why we thought it was so funny.

How much of the movie, "The Core" is true?
The credits.

Originally posted by Laser Eyes
The credits.

LOL!

1. Is "The Core" based on real science or just pure fiction?

While the movie "The Core" does incorporate some scientific concepts and theories, it is primarily a work of fiction. Many of the events and technologies portrayed in the film are not possible with our current understanding of science.

2. How accurate is the science in "The Core"?

The science in "The Core" is not very accurate. While some of the basic principles, such as the Earth's core being made of primarily iron, are based on real science, many of the details and plot points are exaggerated for dramatic effect.

3. Are there any real-life events or experiments that inspired "The Core"?

There are some real-life events and experiments that may have influenced certain aspects of the movie. For example, the concept of using lasers to create a tunnel through the Earth's core is based on a real scientific proposal, but the execution and outcome portrayed in the film are not feasible.

4. How does "The Core" compare to other sci-fi movies in terms of scientific accuracy?

"The Core" is not known for its scientific accuracy, as it relies heavily on fictional technologies and events. It may be more comparable to other disaster or action movies rather than more scientifically accurate sci-fi films.

5. Can I learn anything about real science from watching "The Core"?

While "The Core" is not a reliable source for learning about real science, it may spark interest in certain scientific concepts and prompt viewers to do further research. However, it is important to differentiate between fact and fiction when it comes to understanding scientific concepts.