Sending Anonymous and Empty Emails: A Guide

• Thread starter Saint
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Email
In summary, the best way to send an email without any subject, content, or sender's email address is to use a program that directly sends it to an SMTP server. These programs can be found online, but they may still reveal your IP address. Another option is to get a free internet mail account from a website. For added security, you can also use a proxy before logging into your email account. Alternatively, you can send an email to an SMTP server by using Telnet or trying a website like sneakemail.com.
Saint
Occationally i received an empty email, without subject, no contents, no sender's email address!

How to send out this type of email ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
There are programs that directly send the email to the SMTP server, therefore can specify any subject/sender name/sender email/date/time.
I have seen one made in VB, it used subcalssing to deal with the SMTP.
I will look for one online, and will put the link here if i find any ...

most of thos programs still send ur ip address

the best way is to just get a free internet mail account from some web site

if your really paranoid you could proxy into the website before you log on to your email account

You can send email to SMTP servers yourself really easily: telnet to port 25 on the desired server

Code:
HELO foo.com
MAIL FROM: [email]sender@foo.com[/email]
RCPT TO: [email]recipient@bar.com[/email]
DATA
To: toline
Subject: sub

blah
blahblah
QUIT

1. What is the purpose of sending anonymous and empty emails?

Sending anonymous and empty emails can be useful in situations where you want to protect your identity or maintain a level of privacy. This could be for personal reasons, such as wanting to send a secret message to someone without revealing your identity, or for professional reasons, such as sending a survey or questionnaire without influencing the responses with your identity.

2. How do I send an anonymous and empty email?

There are several ways to send an anonymous and empty email. One way is to use a disposable email service, which allows you to create a temporary email address that can be used to send messages without revealing your identity. Another way is to use a proxy server, which acts as a middleman between your computer and the recipient's computer, making it difficult to trace the email back to you.

3. Is it legal to send anonymous and empty emails?

In most cases, yes, it is legal to send anonymous and empty emails. However, it is important to note that there are certain laws and regulations that govern email communication and it is important to comply with them. For example, it is illegal to send threatening or harassing emails, regardless of whether they are anonymous or not.

4. Can I send attachments with an anonymous and empty email?

Yes, you can send attachments with an anonymous and empty email, just like you would with a regular email. However, it is important to note that some email services may not allow you to send attachments with anonymous emails, as it can be seen as a security risk.

5. Are there any risks associated with sending anonymous and empty emails?

There are some potential risks associated with sending anonymous and empty emails. For example, if you use a disposable email service, there is a chance that the service may keep a log of the emails you have sent. Additionally, if you use a proxy server, there is a possibility that the recipient may be able to trace the email back to the proxy server and potentially identify you. It is important to be mindful of these risks and take precautions to protect your identity when sending anonymous and empty emails.