Diodes Exercises: Engineering Student Seeks Help

In summary, an engineering student is looking for online material with exercises on diodes and asks for suggestions. A helpful resource is shared and the conversation continues with suggestions for finding more specific material on logical gates and finding the operating point of diodes.
Domenico94
HI everyone. I'm an engineering strudent, looking for online material with exercises on diodes...anyone can send me a link here with explanations of the various exercises? Thank you very much :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Good idea! I'm on it...

It s great..thanks :) but I was looking forma something with solved exercises over diodes..thanks anyway:)

Anyone can suggest me other stuff?? :) I found nothing on the internet :(

Domenico94 said:
It s great..thanks :) but I was looking forma something with solved exercises over diodes..thanks anyway:)

Domenico94 said:
Anyone can suggest me other stuff?? :) I found nothing on the internet :(

When I did a google search for Diode Practice Problems And Solutions, I get lots of good-looking hits. Have you already gone through all of those pages?

Yes, but there are always the same basilar examples, I'm just looking for something with logical gates with diodes, or finding the operating point of the diode. I'm currently studying on the sedra smith, but it doesn't give much, when it comes to problems to solve.

Related to Diodes Exercises: Engineering Student Seeks Help

1. What are diodes and how do they work?

Diodes are electronic components that allow current to flow in one direction and block it in the opposite direction. They work by using a semiconductor material with a p-n junction, which allows for the flow of current when the diode is forward biased and blocks it when it is reverse biased.

2. How are diodes used in engineering?

Diodes are used in a variety of engineering applications, such as in rectifier circuits to convert AC to DC, in voltage regulators to maintain a constant voltage, and in logic gates for digital electronics. They also have applications in power supplies, solar cells, and LED lights.

3. What are some common exercises used to study diodes?

Some common exercises used to study diodes include analyzing circuits with diodes in series and parallel, calculating the voltage drop and current flow in a diode, and designing a rectifier circuit with specific specifications. Students may also be asked to troubleshoot faulty diodes in a circuit.

4. What challenges may arise when working with diodes?

Some challenges that may arise when working with diodes include understanding the complex mathematical equations involved in their analysis, selecting the correct diode for a specific application, and dealing with temperature effects that can affect their performance.

5. Where can I find additional resources to help with diode exercises?

There are many online resources available to help with diode exercises, such as textbooks, websites, and tutorial videos. It is also beneficial to consult with a professor or teaching assistant for additional guidance and clarification on specific concepts.