Diode Circuit Analysis: Get Expert Help Now!

In summary, the question involves analyzing a diode circuit to find the minimum output voltage. To do this, one must consider the current source input of -2.5mA and determine the behavior of the diode and the voltage at the resistor. The output voltage can then be calculated using this information.
woohs1216
< Mentor Note -- Thread moved to Homework Help from EE forum >

hi guys
Screen Shot 2014-11-18 at 9.03.31 PM.png

I am studying on diode circuit but i cannot really analyse a circuit with a diode.
I understand that the question is asking minimum Vout so the current source input should be -2.5mA but i cannot go beyond that.

Can anyone help me on this question?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Hi woohs1216. http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/5725/red5e5etimes5e5e45e5e25.gif

I think you should take a sheet of paper, turn it in landscape mode, and draw 1 cycle of a large sinewave. This can represent Iin. Mark half a dozen points on that sinewave and then for each of these current values analyse the circuit determining those parameters of interest that will help you in plotting Vout and finally being able to answer the question.

Remember, the diode does not conduct current in one direction, and in the other direction it does conduct but has 0.8v across its terminals while it is conducting current.

Good luck with your studies!

Last edited by a moderator:
woohs1216 said:
< Mentor Note -- Thread moved to Homework Help from EE forum >

hi guys
View attachment 75596
I am studying on diode circuit but i cannot really analyse a circuit with a diode.
I understand that the question is asking minimum Vout so the current source input should be -2.5mA but i cannot go beyond that.

Can anyone help me on this question?
Right, minimum output voltage occurs when iin = -2.5 mA.
What is the diode doing then?
What is the voltage at the resistor?
Finally, what is the output voltage?

Related to Diode Circuit Analysis: Get Expert Help Now!

1. What is diode circuit analysis?

Diode circuit analysis is the process of studying and understanding the behavior of circuits that contain diodes. It involves analyzing the voltage and current characteristics of the diode and using that information to understand how the circuit will behave.

2. Why is diode circuit analysis important?

Diode circuit analysis is important because diodes are commonly used in electronic circuits and understanding their behavior is crucial for designing and troubleshooting these circuits. It also allows us to predict the performance of the circuit and make necessary adjustments.

3. What are some common diode circuit analysis techniques?

Some common diode circuit analysis techniques include using Kirchhoff's laws, Ohm's law, and diode equations to analyze voltage and current in the circuit. Another technique is the use of circuit simulators to model and simulate the behavior of the circuit.

4. What are some practical applications of diode circuit analysis?

Diode circuit analysis has many practical applications, such as in power supplies, rectifiers, signal processing, and electronic devices. It is also used in the design of electronic circuits for various industries, including telecommunications, automotive, and aerospace.

5. Can I get expert help with diode circuit analysis?

Yes, there are many resources available for getting expert help with diode circuit analysis. You can consult with a professional engineer or seek assistance from online forums, books, and tutorials. There are also software tools and simulators that can aid in the analysis and design of diode circuits.