Difficult partial differential Problem

In summary, the problem discussed in the conversation is a diffusion equation with a periodic source term and boundary conditions involving a partial derivative. The suggested solution is to use separation of variables, with an example provided on the Wikipedia page. Another helpful resource is a set of notes on nonhomogeneous separation of variables for heat equations. The thread was ultimately closed after the solution was obtained.
big dream
Problem:
$${\frac {\partial }{\partial t}}A\left( y,t \right) +6\,\Lambda\,\Omega\, \left( {y}^{2}-y \right) \sin \left( t \right) ={\frac {\partial ^{2}}{\partial {y}^{2}}}A \left( y,t \right)$$
$${\frac{\partial }{\partial y}}A \left( t,0 \right) ={\frac {\partial }{\partial y}}A \left( t,1 \right) =0$$
Boundary condition
$${\frac{\partial }{\partial y}}A \left( t,0 \right) ={\frac {\partial }{\partial y}}A \left( t,1 \right) =0$$
ANSWER OF THIS EQUATION IS
$$A \left( y,t \right) =6\,\Lambda\, \left( \Im \right) \, \left\{ [{\frac {i\sinh \left( \alpha\,y \right) }{\alpha}}-{\frac {i \left( 1-\cosh \left( \alpha \right) \right) \cosh \left( \alpha\,y \right) }{\alpha\,\sinh \left( \alpha \right) }}+i{y}^{2}-iy+2\,{\Omega}^{-1}]{{\rm e}^{it}} \right\}$$
Where, $$\alpha=1/2\, \left( 1+i \right) \sqrt {2}\sqrt {\Omega}$$
attempt at a solution

Maple didn't give an answer. I don't know how to get this kind of solution.
IMG_20171223_030037.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20171223_030037.jpg
    IMG_20171223_030037.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 604
Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
This is a diffusion equation with some periodic source term. You should try separation of variables for this. There is an example on the wiki page, but searching for separation of variables of nonhomogeneous heat equation will lead to many extensive examples.
You could start here:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Separation_of_variables#Example:_nonhomogeneous_case
http://www.math.psu.edu/wysocki/M412/Notes412_10.pdf

Likes BvU
Thank you, sir. I got it. This thread can be closed now.

Related to Difficult partial differential Problem

1) What is a partial differential equation?

A partial differential equation (PDE) is a mathematical equation that involves multiple independent variables and their partial derivatives. It is used to describe the relationship between a function and its partial derivatives, and is commonly used in physics, engineering, and other scientific fields.

2) What makes a partial differential problem difficult?

A partial differential problem can be difficult due to several factors, including the complexity of the equation, the number of independent variables, and the boundary conditions and initial values. In addition, finding a closed-form solution for a PDE is often not possible, making it necessary to use numerical methods to approximate a solution.

3) What are some common methods for solving difficult partial differential problems?

Some common methods for solving difficult partial differential problems include separation of variables, Fourier series, Laplace transforms, and numerical methods such as finite difference, finite element, and boundary element methods. The choice of method depends on the specific problem and the desired level of accuracy.

4) How are partial differential problems used in real-world applications?

Partial differential problems have a wide range of applications in various fields, such as physics, engineering, economics, and biology. They are used to model and analyze complex systems and phenomena, such as heat transfer, fluid dynamics, electromagnetic fields, and population dynamics. PDEs also play a crucial role in the development of new technologies and advancements in science.

5) What are some challenges in solving difficult partial differential problems?

One of the main challenges in solving difficult partial differential problems is the high computational cost and time required to obtain accurate solutions. This is especially true for problems with high dimensionality and complex boundary conditions. Another challenge is the potential for instability and error accumulation in numerical methods, which requires careful analysis and validation of results.