Differentiating Op Amp circuit help

In summary, the problem is to find V0 in terms of R1, R2, R3, and C. The given equation is V0 = -RC(dVs/dt) for a differentiator. The solution involves applying KCL at the node between C and R1, and realizing that R1 and R2 are in series. However, what to do with R3 is uncertain. It is mentioned that the node between C and R1 is a virtual ground, and the missing node is pointed out. The suggestion is to write KVL for every node correctly to determine the role of R3.
FBS

Homework Statement

(See attached figure) I need to find V0 in terms of R1, R2, R3 and C.

Homework Equations

V0 = -RC (dVs/dt) for a differentiator

The Attempt at a Solution

I understand I have to apply KCL at the node between C and R1, and I've also determined that R1 and R2 are in series (not sure) but I don't know what to do with R3.

{C * (d(Vn - Vs)/dt)} + {(Vn - V0)/(R1 + R2)}

Attachments

• hwquestion.png
    hwquestion.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 463
Physics news on Phys.org
Hey Did u notice that the node between C and R1 is a virtual ground.

crixus said:
Hey Did u notice that the node between C and R1 is a virtual ground.

Plus you're missing one node, plus your equation is incorrect I'm afraid.

Just write the KVL for every node correctly & it'll be obvious what to do with R3 ...

Related to Differentiating Op Amp circuit help

1. What is an Op Amp?

An Op Amp, or Operational Amplifier, is an electronic circuit component that amplifies an input signal to a higher output signal. It is commonly used in a wide range of electronic devices, including audio amplifiers, filters, and sensors.

2. How does an Op Amp work?

An Op Amp consists of multiple transistors and other electronic components that work together to amplify an input voltage. It has two inputs, a non-inverting input and an inverting input, and one output. The output voltage is equal to the difference between the two input voltages, multiplied by a gain factor.

3. What is the purpose of differentiating Op Amp circuits?

Differentiating Op Amp circuits are used to perform mathematical differentiation, which is the process of finding the rate of change of a signal. They are commonly used in applications that require high-frequency signal processing, such as in radio-frequency communication systems and signal filters.

4. What are the key components of a differentiating Op Amp circuit?

The key components of a differentiating Op Amp circuit include the Op Amp itself, a feedback resistor, and a capacitor. The feedback resistor is connected between the output and the inverting input, while the capacitor is connected between the inverting input and ground. The input signal is typically applied to the non-inverting input.

5. How do I design a differentiating Op Amp circuit?

Designing a differentiating Op Amp circuit involves selecting the appropriate values for the feedback resistor and the capacitor, based on the desired frequency response and the input signal characteristics. It is also important to consider the Op Amp's input and output impedance to ensure proper operation. Various online resources and circuit design software can assist with this process.