Top 10 Physics-Related Names for Bands

• Thread starter Chi Meson
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Band
In summary, the conversation suggests a list of physics-related names for rock bands and jazz groups. Some of the suggestions include "Heat Death", "Schroedinger's Cat", "Circle of Least Confusion", "Kalkulus", "Quark", and "Feynman Slit Experiment". The conversation also mentions potential names for an all-girl band and jazz duo, as well as some more creative names for both genres.
Chi Meson
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
I wanted to get a top ten list of best Physics related names for rock bands, jazz groups, etc.

The most obvious one, but still a good one, would be:
"Heat Death" (heavy metal, of course).

Another one that I think already has been used is :
"Schroedinger's Cat" (Progressive acoustic music, I would think)

But the one I'd really like to go see is:
Circle of Least Confusion ("CLC" for short, or maybe just "Circle of Confusion", clearly avant guarde jazz).

Any other suggestions?

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, with the advent of rap stars with horrendously inaccurately spelled names, try Kalkulus, Ken-a-matik E-kway-shun or something like that.

Name for a Jazz Duo: "The Duality of Light"

Heavy metal band: "Graviton"

Jazz Fusion: "Quark"

And this one is naughty. Name for an all girl band: "Feynman Slit experiment."

Rock band; inert propulsion, iron gas, torrodially twisted, entropic chaos, entropic orders, dictated chaos...

Jazz; unbound fusion, harmonic cacophony, silent vibrations, hot heat death, formally fuzzy, Sax above the beach, Horn kneading...
(Gimme more time! will ya?)

Last edited:

1. What is the significance of "Top 10 Physics-Related Names for Bands"?

The list is a compilation of creative and fun band names that are inspired by physics concepts and terminology.

2. Can you give some examples of physics-related band names?

Some examples include "The Quantum Harmonics," "The Gravitational Waves," and "The Doppler Effectors."

3. Why would physics be a popular theme for band names?

Physics is a subject that is both complex and fascinating, making it a great source of inspiration for creative and unique band names.

4. Are these bands all related to physics or do they just use physics terminology in their names?

The bands listed may or may not have a direct connection to physics, but they all incorporate physics-related terms into their names in a clever and creative way.

5. Can you suggest any other science-related band names?

There are endless possibilities for science-related band names, such as "The Astro-Beats," "The Bio-Rhythms," or "The Nano-Rockers."