Difference between muscular and normal force

incursio52
TL;DR Summary
I am so much confused between normal and muscular force . The question I want to ask is that if I push or pull a body the force I am applying on the body is muscular force or normal force between my hand and block surface of contact??

OR, should I say that there is only muscular force acting between my hand and block surface??

Also ,according to my book it states that whenever there is a contact between two bodies there exists a contact force which is =√N²+f².
Please anyone help.

Attachments

• 20230929_214639.jpg
    20230929_214639.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 33
Physics news on Phys.org
What is muscular force?

incursio52 said:
TL;DR Summary: I am so much confused between normal and muscular force . The question I want to ask is that if I push or pull a body the force I am applying on the body is muscular force or normal force between my hand and block surface of contact??OR, should I say that there is only muscular force acting between my hand and block surface??

Also ,according to my book it states that whenever there is a contact between two bodies there exists a contact force which is =√N²+f².

Please anyone help.
PeroK said:
What is muscular force?
A force which exerted on a body due to muscles

incursio52 said:
A force which exerted on a body due to muscles
The muscles act internally. They don't affect the external physics directly, but are part of the internal biomechanics of your body.

Related to Difference between muscular and normal force

1. What is the difference between muscular force and normal force?

Muscular force is the force generated by the contraction of muscles, while normal force is the force exerted by a surface to support the weight of an object resting on it.

2. How do muscular force and normal force differ in terms of origin?

Muscular force is generated by the muscles in the body through contraction, while normal force is a reaction force exerted by a surface in response to the weight of an object.

3. Are muscular force and normal force related in any way?

Muscular force and normal force are related in the sense that muscular force can influence the normal force exerted on a surface. For example, when lifting an object, the muscular force exerted by the body increases, leading to an increase in the normal force exerted by the surface supporting the object.

4. How do muscular force and normal force affect motion differently?

Muscular force is responsible for initiating and sustaining motion by overcoming inertia and external forces, while normal force acts perpendicular to the surface to counteract the force of gravity and prevent objects from sinking into the surface.

5. Can you provide examples of situations where muscular force and normal force interact?

An example of the interaction between muscular force and normal force is when a person performs a push-up. The muscular force generated by the arms pushes the body up against the normal force exerted by the ground, allowing the person to lift themselves off the ground.