Difference Between d3x and triple Integral

In summary, The notation ∫d3x is typically used for triple integrals, while the notation ∫∫∫dxdydz is used for an iterated integral with three variables and limits of integration. The notation ∫d3x is also sometimes used as a reminder of the number of dimensions being integrated over.
Moayd Shagaf
So My Question Is Simple, But It confuse me too much!
What Is Difference between the notation ∫d3x and ∫∫∫dxdydz ?

Physics news on Phys.org
Moayd Shagaf said:
What Is Difference between the notation ∫d3x and ∫∫∫dxdydz ?
Have you seen the first form somewhere? The more usual form for a triple integral like this would be ##\int_D dV##, where D is some three-dimensional region. As an iterated integral, it might be written in a form such as ##\int_e^f~\int_c^d~\int_a^b dx~dy~dz##.

Dr Transport said:
nothing...
I completely agree.
##\int\, d^3x = \int \int \int \, dx_1 \, dx_2 \, dx_3##
Likewise, an N dimensional integral can be denoted ##\int \, d^Nx##.

I often use this notation myself to remind me how many dimensions I am working in. I picked up the habit from my graduate advisor who used this notation exclusively as far as I can recall.

jason

Related to Difference Between d3x and triple Integral

1. What is the difference between d3x and triple integral?

D3x refers to the three-dimensional vector differential, while triple integral refers to a mathematical concept used to find the volume of a three-dimensional region.

2. How do you calculate d3x and triple integral?

D3x is calculated by taking the partial derivatives of a function with respect to each of the three variables (x, y, and z). Triple integral is calculated by integrating a three-dimensional function over a three-dimensional region.

3. Can d3x and triple integral be used interchangeably?

No, d3x and triple integral serve different purposes. D3x is used in vector calculus to describe the direction and magnitude of a vector, while triple integral is used in calculus to find the volume of a three-dimensional object.

4. What are the applications of d3x and triple integral?

D3x is commonly used in physics to describe the velocity and acceleration of objects in three-dimensional space. Triple integral is used in many fields, including engineering, physics, and economics, to calculate volumes, masses, and probabilities.

5. Are there any other types of integrals besides triple integral?

Yes, there are many different types of integrals, including double integrals, line integrals, and surface integrals. Each type is used to solve different types of problems in mathematics and physics.