Did not receive trophy points when I became gold member

• Thread starter ElectricRay
  • Start date
In summary, Raymond became a gold member, but hasn't received any trophy points for it. He found out he should have received them, and now he's happy to have them.
ElectricRay
Hello Staff,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask so ifI'm my apologizes. I was just taking a look oon how these trophy points working and i found out I should receive trophy points for becoming a gold member. I did a payment last week to be for a year a gold member but I haven't received any trophy points for that. So I'm no tsure if there is something going wrong or there are other rules to receive them. Could anyone enlighten me please.

Grtz

Raymond

Physics news on Phys.org
heheheh lol yes now I received them. Was I impatient?

Uh. I just received a trophy for being a Gold Member.
Which I've been for about a decade.

Maybe turn the brightness on that thing a little?

Me too, been called just today a Gold Member. Unknown how I earned it but fine with me. This designation may result from contributing good advice or participating in some helpful postings.

DaveC426913 said:
Uh. I just received a trophy for being a Gold Member.
Which I've been for about a decade.

well for some years for me too ... I got a surprise to see another notification for it today LOL

Goldie day for everyone I guess lol

To my embarrassment, I created the trophy, but never set the qualification. So no one ever had the gold member trophy :biggrin: How did no one till now notice :biggrin:

Likes ISamson and ElectricRay
HEY ! Here we pay you good money and we didn't get out gold star points? 'bout time you fixed this :oldlaugh:

Likes ISamson, ElectricRay and Greg Bernhardt
phinds said:
HEY ! Here we pay you good money and we didn't get out gold star points? 'bout time you fixed this :oldlaugh:
Forgive me :bow:

Likes ISamson, phinds and ElectricRay
Greg Bernhardt said:
How did no one till now notice :biggrin:
Presumably, trophies is an open-ended list. We couldn't know what trophies there are that we don't have without knowing that list.

DaveC426913 said:
Presumably, trophies is an open-ended list. We couldn't know what trophies there are that we don't have without knowing that list.
There's some way to get the list. I forget what but I've seen it.

phinds said:
There's some way to get the list. I forget what but I've seen it.
Maybe long ago, but now I'm too old for Greg.

Well i had to search a bit but here it is to find it:
Go to your profile page and click on your trophy points and there comes a pop-up screen which shows you how you get all these amazing trophy points. At the bottom of this screen you'll see a button "view all available trophies"

426. Woot.

Related to Did not receive trophy points when I became gold member

1. Why did I not receive trophy points when I became a gold member?

The most likely reason for not receiving trophy points when becoming a gold member is that the website or platform does not offer trophy points as a reward for membership upgrades. This could be due to the platform's design or business model, and is not something that can be changed.

2. Is there a way to earn trophy points as a gold member?

It depends on the specific platform or website. Some may offer ways to earn trophy points through activities or challenges, while others may only offer points to lower-tier members. You may need to check the platform's rules or contact their customer support for more information.

3. Can I transfer or exchange my gold membership for trophy points?

Typically, membership upgrades cannot be exchanged or transferred for trophy points. This is because the two are separate rewards and serve different purposes. It is important to carefully read the terms and conditions of a website or platform before upgrading your membership.

4. I received trophy points when I first joined the website, but not when I became a gold member. Why is that?

This could be due to the platform's policies or algorithms. Some platforms may only offer points to new members as a welcome bonus, while others may have specific criteria or milestones for earning points. It is best to check with the website's rules or customer support for clarification.

5. Are trophy points important for my gold membership?

Trophy points are typically just a form of gamification or virtual rewards for users. They do not have any direct impact on your membership status or benefits. However, some platforms may offer special perks or privileges for users with a high number of trophy points. It is best to check with the platform for more information.