Did I Correctly Complete the Tree Diagram?

In summary, a tree diagram is a graphical representation of a hierarchy or structure, commonly used in mathematics, science, and engineering. To complete a tree diagram, you need to identify the main topic and add subtopics or categories as branches. The main purpose of a tree diagram is to visually represent relationships between elements. Some benefits of using a tree diagram include organizing information, identifying patterns, and simplifying complex concepts. Tree diagrams can be used in various fields of science, such as biology, chemistry, physics, and social sciences.
karush
Gold Member
MHB
https://www.physicsforums.com/attachments/1163

well first want to see if i completed the tree diagram correctly
text in the boxes are mine.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
In the rightmost column of probabilities, third from the top, you want 11/12 X 1/12 = 11/144. I can tell this is only a typo. Otherwise looks good.

MarkFL said:
In the rightmost column of probabilities, third from the top, you want 11/12 X 1/12 = 11/144. I can tell this is only a typo. Otherwise looks good.

Yep typo, so is the answer for (b) just 11/144

Last edited:

Related to Did I Correctly Complete the Tree Diagram?

1. What is a tree diagram?

A tree diagram is a graphical representation of a hierarchy or structure, commonly used in the fields of mathematics, science, and engineering. It consists of nodes and branches that show the relationships between different elements.

2. How do you complete a tree diagram?

To complete a tree diagram, you need to start by identifying the main topic or category and drawing it as the first node. Then, add subtopics or categories as branches stemming from the main node. Continue adding branches and subbranches until you have included all relevant elements in the diagram.

3. What is the purpose of a tree diagram?

The main purpose of a tree diagram is to visually represent the relationships and connections between different elements in a structured manner. It can help with problem-solving, decision making, and understanding complex systems or processes.

4. What are some benefits of using a tree diagram?

Using a tree diagram can help organize information, identify patterns and relationships, and simplify complex concepts. It can also make it easier to communicate ideas and data to others and aid in decision making and problem-solving.

5. Can a tree diagram be used in any field of science?

Yes, tree diagrams are widely used in various fields of science, including biology, chemistry, physics, and social sciences. They can be adapted and applied to different contexts and disciplines to represent and analyze different types of data and information.