Diagram to show static electricity

In summary, static electricity is a type of electric charge that stays in one place and does not flow. It is different from current electricity in that it does not move through conductors and powers devices. The transfer of electrons between two objects causes static electricity, and it can be discharged by touching a grounded object. Everyday objects such as balloons, plastic wrap, and clothing can create static electricity through friction.
CmdrSpock
static electricity diagram

Hello! I am new here!
I need your help...
How would I draw a simple diagram to show how static electricity is made use of in a photocopier to position the black toner where is needed.
It sounds a litte bit tricky and I think how it would looks like.
Thanks in Advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is a typical diagram

Attachments

• 1409606150947.jpg
    1409606150947.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 564
It's a fairly simple process overall to produce quality images and it's easier to understand when shown in the right sequence as this link does.
Toner Drum

Related to Diagram to show static electricity

1. What is static electricity?

Static electricity is a type of electric charge that stays in one place and does not move. It is caused by the buildup of electric charges on the surface of an object.

2. How is static electricity different from current electricity?

Static electricity is different from current electricity because it does not flow. Instead, it stays in one place and can cause objects to attract or repel each other. Current electricity, on the other hand, flows through conductors and powers electrical devices.

3. What causes static electricity?

Static electricity is caused by the transfer of electrons between two objects. When two objects rub against each other, electrons move from one object to the other, creating an imbalance of charges and resulting in static electricity.

4. How can static electricity be discharged?

Static electricity can be discharged by touching a grounded object, such as a metal doorknob or a copper wire. This allows the excess electrons to flow into the ground, restoring balance and eliminating the static charge.

5. What are some examples of everyday objects that can create static electricity?

Some examples of everyday objects that can create static electricity include balloons, plastic wrap, and certain types of clothing. Rubbing a balloon against your hair or wrapping plastic wrap around a comb can create an imbalance of charges and result in static electricity.