Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Determining the appropriate analysis method

73tyler

Feb 5, 2014
So here's the deal. I'm a human factors major and because I had a single stats class I am required to have a statistical analysis in my thesis. With that said it was a few years ago and wasn't my strong suit anyway. Here is what I am trying to do.

I have taken noise samples from three vehicles to determine how much noise the crew members are subject to while operating. I have average decibel levels for five individuals per vehicle. My goal is prove that the data sets are all from the same population which I believe would mean the vehicles operate at approx the same noise level.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

MarkFL

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 24, 2012
Hello and welcome to MHB! (Star)

I have deleted the duplicate thread posted in our Pre-University "Basic Probability and Statistics" subforum, as I feel you will get more appropriate help here.

We do ask that a thread be posted only once in the most appropriate area to avoid redundancy and potential duplication of effort on the part of our helpers, whose time is very valuable. (Smile)

73tyler

Feb 5, 2014
Thanks. I figured that would happen. I didn't see this group until I posted in the other one.