Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Desmos

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
We are in the process of talking with www.desmos.com about how we can integrate their graphing software on MHB in an easy-to-use way, similar to the Wolfram Widgets (hopefully). In the meantime I recommend their website for graphing 2-d equations. It's very easy to use and in my opinion is superior to the graphing widget by Wolfram.

Fantini

"Read Euler, read Euler." - Laplace
MHB Math Helper
Feb 29, 2012
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps the stickied tutorials could benefit at first, as a tryout?

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Sounds like a good idea. Perhaps the stickied tutorials could benefit at first, as a tryout?
Once we figure out how we'll be integrating their software we will definitely be coming out with tutorials and more info. This is just a basic heads up about them as I realized we haven't mentioned them up until this point and definitely should :)

Sudharaka

MHB Math Helper
Feb 5, 2012
We are in the process of talking with www.desmos.com about how we can integrate their graphing software on MHB in an easy-to-use way, similar to the Wolfram Widgets (hopefully). In the meantime I recommend their website for graphing 2-d equations. It's very easy to use and in my opinion is superior to the graphing widget by Wolfram.
Hi Jameson, :)

It is indeed a nice graphing software that is worth integrating at MHB. But it seems that desmos calculator can only produce two dimensional graphs. So I suggest telling them that it would be great to have the drawing capability of three dimensional graphs, if that is possible. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi Jameson, :)

It is indeed a nice graphing software that is worth integrating at MHB. But it seems that desmos calculator can only produce two dimensional graphs. So I suggest telling them that it would be great to have the drawing capability of three dimensional graphs, if that is possible. :)

Kind Regards,
Sudharaka.
With regards to 3-D graphing: their site seems to be targeting those that are in secondary/high school level mathematics and they usually (and most likely) never have to deal with or worry about 3-D graphing. Although it would be a nice feature to have in the future on MHB, I think it's best not to get too far ahead of ourselves and see how well our relations with the company go from here. I'm thinking for 3-D graphing, though, we're going to have to look into something else but we'll know better as time goes on.