Desmos Graphing Calculator - Make Math Visual & Interactive

In summary, Desmos is an interactive online graphing calculator that is available as a browser and mobile application. It offers progressive values to encourage teachers to break from traditional practices and use new models of teaching for 21st century learners. It is a preferred choice for students as their primary graphing calculator.
AMenendez
Hopefully everyone's heard of this by now, but for those who haven't, there's an excellent interactive online graphing calculator offered by Desmos:

https://www.desmos.com/calculator

Computer science news on Phys.org
It's a very nice project! Still hoping for a more extensive API so we can make use of it here. Moving to the Calculator forum.

HI
Desmos is an advanced graphing calculator implemented as a browser application and a mobile application. Progressive values encourage teachers to take risks and break from traditional practices when 21st century learners need new models of teaching and instruction. I chose Desmos for our students to use as their primary graphing calculator.
Thanks
ZARAJOHN@

Related to Desmos Graphing Calculator - Make Math Visual & Interactive

1. What is Desmos Graphing Calculator?

Desmos Graphing Calculator is a free online tool for creating, manipulating, and visualizing mathematical graphs. It allows users to plot equations, create interactive sliders and animations, and analyze data.

2. How do I plot an equation on Desmos Graphing Calculator?

To plot an equation on Desmos, simply type it into the input bar at the top of the screen. You can use basic mathematical operators (+, -, *, /) and functions (sin, cos, tan, log, etc.). You can also click on the "+" button to add more equations.

3. Can I save and share my graphs on Desmos?

Yes, you can save and share your graphs on Desmos by clicking on the "Share" button in the top right corner. This will generate a unique link that you can copy and share with others. You can also export your graphs as images or embed them on websites.

4. How do I create sliders and animations on Desmos Graphing Calculator?

To create sliders, you can add a variable (such as "a") into your equation and then click on the "a=" button below the input bar. This will create a slider that you can manipulate to change the value of "a" and see how it affects your graph. To create animations, you can add a "t" variable and use it in your equations to create dynamic graphs.

5. Is Desmos Graphing Calculator suitable for all levels of math?

Yes, Desmos is suitable for all levels of math, from basic arithmetic to advanced calculus. It also has a variety of features and tools that cater to different levels, making it a versatile tool for learning and teaching math.