Designing an Electric Motorcycle with Android Interface: A Capstone Project Idea

In summary, the speaker plans to design an Electric Motorcycle as their capstone project for their BS in Computer Engineering. The motorcycle will have the ability to interface with an Android-based tablet, displaying information such as speed, battery life, and miles driven. The speaker also hopes to enable the tablet to control the lights of the motorcycle. They are seeking honest feedback on the idea and mention their intention to pursue a Masters in Electrical Engineering. They have most of the parts and design ready for the bike and have experience programming ARM processors and writing Android applications. They have also received a budget from their school and are confident they can complete the project if given enough time.
MrAlt
This will be my capstone project for my BS in Computer Engineering...

I would like to design an Electric Motorcycle which has the ability to interface with an Android based tablet. The ECU would be most likely an Arduino or ARM based processor which would output information to an Android Development board which then goes to the tablet. The tablet will display things like Speed, Battery Life, and Miles driven, If time allots i would like to enable the tablet to control the lights of the motorcycle. Does this seem like a worthwhile project? I intend to get my masters in electrical engineering and would love some honest feedback on this Idea...

Benefits of this Project...
1) I've already got most of the parts/Design ready for the bike
2) I have experience programming ARM processors as well as writing android applications

Engineering news on Phys.org
If you can afford the components and meet the schedule for completion, sure. You generally best accomplish projects that interest you.

Ive made a parts list and the budget my school has given me allows for it, with a fair amount to spare, i just wanted to hear other opinions to see if it was a worthwhile project or not

Related to Designing an Electric Motorcycle with Android Interface: A Capstone Project Idea

1. What is a "Capstone Project Idea"?

A Capstone Project Idea is a research or design project that is typically completed by students in their final year of a degree program. It allows students to apply their knowledge and skills to a real-world problem or issue in their field of study.

2. How do I choose a good Capstone Project Idea?

A good Capstone Project Idea should be relevant to your field of study and address a current problem or gap in knowledge. It should also be feasible and manageable within the given time frame and resources. Consult with your advisor or mentor for guidance and ideas.

3. Can I work on a Capstone Project Idea alone or do I need a team?

It depends on the requirements of your program. Some programs may require students to work in teams, while others may allow individual projects. Working with a team can bring diverse perspectives and skills to the project, but it also requires effective communication and collaboration.

4. How long does it take to complete a Capstone Project Idea?

The duration of a Capstone Project Idea can vary depending on the program and the scope of the project. Typically, it can take several months to a year to complete. It is important to plan and manage your time effectively to ensure the project is completed on time.

5. What are the benefits of completing a Capstone Project Idea?

Completing a Capstone Project Idea allows you to apply your knowledge and skills to a real-world problem, which can enhance your understanding and experience in your field. It also demonstrates your ability to work independently or in a team, which can be valuable for future job opportunities or graduate studies.