Designing a primitive 'Curiosity'

In summary, the conversation revolves around someone's first post discussing the topic of "curiosity" and how NASA and JPL successfully executed it. The person then shares their idea of designing a primitive curiosity that moves along colored paths and requests comments and suggestions. Another person suggests looking up a line follower using LEGO parts as a common project in college.
Devilmaycri
hi guys..so this is my first post..i would like to start of with what everyone's talking 'bout;yes the 'curiosity'..how did NASA and JPL manage to pull that off!
Well...so i got thinking and decided to design a primitive curiosity which moves along certain- coloured paths...awaiting your comments and suggestions.

Engineering news on Phys.org
It is a common project in college, but you'll need to be more specific about what you want to do and what you want help with if we're going to be able to help you.

well...i want to design a vehicle which will follow a particular coloured path say black.i.e move along only a particular coloured path

I find it fascinating that you are inspired by the recent success of NASA and JPL's Curiosity rover. It truly is a remarkable feat of engineering and technology.

I am intrigued by your idea of designing a primitive curiosity that moves along certain-colored paths. It sounds like a fun and creative project! However, I would suggest considering the purpose and objectives of the rover before diving into the design process.

NASA and JPL's Curiosity rover was specifically designed to explore the Martian surface and gather scientific data to better understand the planet's geology and potential for past or present habitability. Therefore, its design and capabilities were carefully planned and tested to ensure its success in achieving these goals.

In order for your primitive curiosity to be successful, it would be important to define a clear purpose and objectives for it as well. What do you hope to learn or achieve through its movements along certain-colored paths? How will it be able to collect and analyze data? These are important considerations to keep in mind as you design your rover.

I would also suggest researching and learning about the technologies and methods used in designing and building the Curiosity rover. This will give you a better understanding of the challenges and complexities involved in creating a successful rover.

Overall, I am excited to see where your project takes you and I encourage you to continue exploring and learning about the fascinating world of rovers and space exploration. Best of luck with your design!

Related to Designing a primitive 'Curiosity'

1. What are the main components of a primitive 'Curiosity'?

The main components of a primitive 'Curiosity' would include a mobile platform with wheels or tracks, a robotic arm, a camera or sensors for collecting data, and a power source.

2. How is a primitive 'Curiosity' controlled?

A primitive 'Curiosity' can be controlled remotely via a signal from a controller or computer, or it can be designed to move autonomously based on pre-programmed instructions or sensory feedback.

3. What challenges are involved in designing a primitive 'Curiosity'?

Some of the main challenges in designing a primitive 'Curiosity' include ensuring its structural integrity and durability in harsh environments, optimizing its power source for long-term use, and developing efficient and accurate control systems.

4. How is data collected and transmitted back to scientists from a primitive 'Curiosity'?

Data can be collected by sensors on the 'Curiosity' and transmitted back to scientists through a communication system, such as a radio or satellite link. The data may also be stored on the 'Curiosity' itself and retrieved later.

5. What are the potential benefits of using a primitive 'Curiosity' for scientific research?

A primitive 'Curiosity' can be used to explore and gather data from remote or hazardous environments, providing valuable information for scientific research. It can also be used to test and develop new technologies and techniques for future space exploration missions.