Design Manometer: Calculate Inclination Angle 0-45° for 7875pa -3200pa

In summary, the task is to design an inclined manometer with a maximum pressure of 7875pa and a minimum pressure of -3200. The angle of inclination must be between 0-45 degrees to the horizontal and the sensitivity should be 1.77. The vertical tube has a constant diameter of 22mm, while the inclined tube has three separate tubes with a diameter of 8mm each. The change in pressure can be calculated using the specific gravity of the liquid, the column length, and the sine of the angle. The volume of the displaced fluid is constant, and the equation for this is the change in h multiplied by the cross-sectional area in the vertical tube is equal to the change in l multiplied by the
narbij
Basically our task is to design a inclined manometer. with these parameters : the maximum pressure: 7875pa minimum pressure: -3200. what I am struggling on is calculating the angle that the manometer should be inclined at. Another parameter that is given is that the angle must be between 0-45 degrees to the horizontal. We are given also the sensitivity that it should be which is 1.77.

the diameter of the vertical tube is 22mm which is constant. the inclined tube has 3 sperate tubes of a 8mm diameter each, therefore the diameter of the inclined tube can be altered.

i have these formulas:
change in pressure = specific gravity of liquid in manometer times L(the column length) times the sin of the angle.

So far i know from theory, if you apply a certain amount of pressure, the fluid would displace a certain amount. Now in the vertical tube, the displacement change in h and in the inclined tube, it would be change in l. The volume of the amount that has been displaced is constant.. So i have made an equation which states that:

change in h * cross-sectional area in the vertical tube of the displaced h= change in l*cross-sectional area in the inclined tube of the displaced l .

Any help would be much appreciated as I am extremely extremely extremely extremely extremely stuck :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I'm having trouble picturing what you are asking. Could you please sketch the setup and post it here? Thanks.

I agree. You are confusing me with the whole 8mm diameter tube allows for a varying diameter bit. You have constant cross sections. You need to develop the balance of forces between the column of liquid and the pressure force.

Related to Design Manometer: Calculate Inclination Angle 0-45° for 7875pa -3200pa

1. How do I calculate the inclination angle for a manometer?

To calculate the inclination angle for a manometer, you will need to use the formula: angle = tan^-1 (difference in pressure/length). The difference in pressure can be found by subtracting the lower pressure reading from the higher pressure reading. The length refers to the distance between the two pressure points on the manometer.

2. What pressure units should I use for the calculation?

The pressure units used for the calculation should be consistent throughout, so if your pressure readings are in Pa (Pascals), then the difference in pressure should also be in Pa. It is important to use the same units to ensure an accurate calculation.

3. Can I use this calculation for any type of manometer?

This calculation can be used for any type of manometer as long as it measures pressure using a fluid column. This includes U-tube, well-type, and inclined manometers. However, the pressure range may vary depending on the specific manometer being used.

4. How do I measure the pressure for the calculation?

To measure the pressure for the calculation, you will need to take readings from both the higher and lower pressure points on the manometer. The pressure at the higher point should be subtracted from the pressure at the lower point to get the difference in pressure.

5. How do I interpret the calculated inclination angle?

The calculated inclination angle represents the angle at which the manometer is tilted. A 0° angle means the manometer is completely horizontal, while a 45° angle means the manometer is tilted at its maximum capacity. The angle may also indicate the difference in pressure between the two points on the manometer.