Deriving the Equation for Two-Body Mass Interaction for Scientists

• Thread starter Muneeb Khan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Derive
In summary, the conversation revolves around deriving the equation for tension in a string. One person suggests it may be a coupled-mass relationship, but more information is needed to properly solve for the tension. The other person advises drawing free body diagrams and using Newton's laws of motion.
Muneeb Khan
T=m[1]m[2]g/(m1+m2)

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF;
It is impossible to derive the equation from the information (none) given.
We need to know what the equation is supposed to represent and what all the letters mean.

It looks kinda like a coupled-mass relationship, where one mass is hanging off a frictionless surface, and you are solving for the tension in the string connecting them.
That's just a guess - don't make people guess what you are asking. If the guess is good, then you start by drawing free-body diagrams for the masses like you were taught in school and apply Newton's laws.

Likes Muneeb Khan
Sorry
First being new member it happens so.

It is the equation of tension in a string .
I mean how to derive the equation of tension in a string ?

Just like I said - draw free body diagrams and apply Newton's laws of motion.

Related to Deriving the Equation for Two-Body Mass Interaction for Scientists

1. How do I begin the process of deriving an equation?

The first step in deriving an equation is to identify the variables involved and determine the relationship between them. This can be done by analyzing the problem or by using experimental data. Once the variables are identified, you can start manipulating them using mathematical operations to arrive at the desired equation.

2. What are the key principles to keep in mind while deriving an equation?

When deriving an equation, it is important to follow the principles of mathematical consistency and logical reasoning. This means that each step in the derivation process should be supported by solid mathematical reasoning and should be consistent with the laws of mathematics.

3. How can I check if my derived equation is correct?

You can check the correctness of your derived equation by plugging in values for the variables and seeing if the equation holds true. You can also compare your derived equation with known equations or use mathematical software to verify its accuracy.

4. Can I use any method to derive an equation?

There are various methods that can be used to derive an equation, such as algebraic manipulation, calculus, and dimensional analysis. The method you choose will depend on the complexity of the problem and your familiarity with the different techniques. It is important to use a method that is appropriate for the problem at hand.

5. What should I do if I am unable to derive an equation?

If you are struggling to derive an equation, it is important to seek assistance from a colleague or a mentor who has expertise in the subject matter. They may be able to provide helpful insights or suggest alternative approaches to the problem. Additionally, you can also consult reliable sources such as textbooks or online resources for guidance.