Deriving the Einstein Equations: Appendix for Honours Project

• LaTeX
  • Thread starter latentcorpse
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latex
In summary: Thanks for your help.First of all I will suggest that if you have only one appendix there is no need to say "A", you can just keep the title. Secondly, there is no way that in TOC you can shift the word "Appendix" to next page, as the spacing between two lines in TOC is defined by your style file. Playing around with your style file will change over all formatting. Also for reducing the font of the appendix title try using following command "\chapter{\small{...}}". I guess this might work.here AppendixA is one new txt file which is include k
latentcorpse
I need to include a single appendix in my honours project. The appendix will be the last bit before the bibliography.
I have

\appendix
\addtocontents{toc}{\protect\contentsline{chapter}{Appendix}{}}
\chapter{Deriving the Einstein equations for the ... Spacetimes}

This is causing a couple of problems for me:

(i) In the table of contents, there is a line that says "Appendix" and then underneath that it says "A". However, the word "Appendix" is at the bottom of my first contents page and the letter "A" is at the top of the next page of contents. Is there any way to sort this out?

(ii) Even though I have only one appendix, is it the norm to call it "Appendix A" rather than just "Appendix"?

(iii) I need to give this appendix a name such as "Deriving the Einstein equations for the ... Spacetimes". Obviously this is a big title, if I put it in the \chapter{} brackets then it prints really big and takes up 3 lines in a big font - is there any way to make it smaller?

thanks for your help.

Physics news on Phys.org
First of all I will suggest that if you have only one appendix there is no need to say "A", you can just keep the title.
Secondly, there is no way that in TOC you can shift the word "Appendix" to next page, as the spacing between two lines in TOC is defined by your style file. Playing around with your style file will change over all formatting.
Also for reducing the font of the appendix title try using following command "\chapter{\small{...}}". I guess this might work.

here AppendixA is one new txt file which is include k
so in main file write the below clde.

\appendix

\flushbottom
\include{AppendixA}
\flushbottom

In AppendixA file write below code...
\chapter{Acronyms}
SO we get Chapter name as Acronyms in our report or article n also in index...

Related to Deriving the Einstein Equations: Appendix for Honours Project

1. What is a LaTeX appendix?

A LaTeX appendix is a section that comes after the main body of a document and contains additional information that supports the main content. This can include tables, figures, code, or other supplementary materials.

2. How do I add an appendix in LaTeX?

To add an appendix in LaTeX, use the command \appendix before the appendix section. This will change the numbering style of the sections and include the word "Appendix" before each section title.

3. Can I have multiple appendices in my document?

Yes, you can have multiple appendices in your document by using the command \appendix more than once. Each time you use the command, a new appendix section will be created with a different letter or number for the appendix title.

4. Do I need to include a table of contents for my appendix?

It is not necessary to include a table of contents for your appendix, as it is usually considered a separate section from the main body of the document. However, if your appendix contains a lot of content, you may want to include a separate list of tables or figures for easier navigation.

5. How do I refer to my appendix in the main text of my document?

To refer to your appendix in the main text, use the command \ref{appendix_label}, where "appendix_label" is the label you have given to your appendix section. This will automatically insert the correct appendix number or letter in the text.