Screen (HTML) layout problems?

• Thread starter MegaFishTank
  • Start date
In summary: The color makes a big difference. However, there are some layout problems that I'm seeing. It looks like there are four or five extra "bars" down the left side of my screen and the images at the top stick out further to the right than the main content of the page. When I maximize the browser to fit the full screen, the images at the top have spaces between them and don't reach nearly as far over to the right as the rest of the screen. And finally, I tried the site using IE6.0 and got the same results.
MegaFishTank
I like the new site. Adding a little color made a big difference.

However, I'm seeing some screwy things going on here with the layout. (yeah, I'm picky I guess, but I was just wondering if this was just my computer or if other people are seeing the same problems.)

(BTW, I'm using Mozilla 1.3 as my browser.) It looks like there are 4 or 5 extra "bars" down the left side of my screen and the images at the top stick out further to the right than the main content of the page. When I maximize the browser to fit the full screen, the images at the top have spaces between them and don't reach nearly as far over to the right as the rest of the screen.

I tried the site using IE6.0 also and got the same results for the maximized screen. The adjustable-sized screen seemed to be a little better, but the top and middle sections of the page still aren't lining up.

Again, I like the site, but I'm curious if it doesn't display properly in different browsers. (or if it's just my computer)

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm Using IE 6.0 At The Moment , And I Don't See Any Problems .

Can You Capture The Picture The Page Becomes So That We Understand The Situation More Clearly ?

MegaFishTank,

We are aware of may formatting and layout issues. However it's quite far down on our list of things to do :smile:

Last edited:
We are aware of may formatting and layout issues. However it's quite far down on our list of things to do :smile:
Understandable. I was just wondering if it was just my computer. But it's not; I've tried a few different computers and it is consistent among all of them.

And Zargawee, if you aren't getting spaces between the images in the header, maybe the resolution on my screen is just higher than yours. *shrug*

I still like the new site anyways!

1. What is a "Screen (HTML) layout problem"?

A "Screen (HTML) layout problem" refers to issues that arise when designing and displaying a website or webpage on different devices and screen sizes. These problems can include elements appearing in the wrong location, overlapping, or not fitting properly on the screen.

2. Why do screen layout problems occur?

Screen layout problems can occur due to a variety of reasons, including coding errors, using outdated or unsupported HTML and CSS, or not considering responsive design principles. They can also arise from differences in screen resolutions and aspect ratios across devices.

3. How can I fix screen layout problems on my website?

To fix screen layout problems, it is important to use responsive design techniques and test your website on different devices and screen sizes. This can help identify any issues and allow you to make adjustments to your HTML and CSS code to ensure a consistent and optimal layout on all devices.

4. What is the role of CSS in addressing screen layout problems?

CSS plays a crucial role in addressing screen layout problems as it allows for the customization and control of how elements are displayed on a webpage. By using CSS, you can create responsive designs that adapt to different screen sizes, ensuring a consistent layout across devices.

5. How can I prevent screen layout problems in the future?

To prevent screen layout problems, it is important to follow best practices for HTML and CSS coding and regularly test your website on different devices. It is also helpful to stay updated on new technologies and techniques for responsive design to ensure your website remains optimized for all screen sizes.