Electrons in intergalactic space.

In summary, the conversation discusses the evolution of atomic structure and the order in which electrons and protons appeared. It is suggested that electrons appeared before protons, as they are fundamental particles while protons are composite. The role of photons in inter-galactic space and the interactions between electrons and photons are also questioned. It is mentioned that in the universe as a whole, there may be more photons outside of atoms than inside. The possibility of finding hydrogen atoms in intergalactic space is also mentioned.
ranyart
In the evolution of Atomic structure, what came first Electrons or Protons?

In the early Universe the appearence of Quarks>>Protons>>Electrons, have to have a precise evolutionary existence. I know Quarks form Protons, and Protons can exist without Electrons, then the appearence of Electrons fused around Protons creates Hydrogen, probably the Original Atom, and in evolution terms, every other Atom evolved from This.

Now for Electrons around the stable Hydrogen Atom, they 'absorb', actually that's the wrong term I think?..Electrons are moved to a higher orbit on reciept of a Photon, like a 'fulcrum lever' that is lifting the Electron, then as the Electron reaches its maximum momentum,it drops like a stone, ejecting the photon back out of the Atom.

In inter-galactic space, there are no 'structured' atoms?..there are nuclie..protons and separate electrons, so what are the interactions between Photons and Electrons in deep space?

At any given moment,in the Universe as a whole, are there more Photons outside of Atoms than there are 'inside'of Atoms?

I do not know if these are valid questions, I am interested in the consequences of 'free-electron' interactions with photons away from and external to 'Atoms'.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
Protons are composite particles, whereas electrons are fundamental, suggesting that electrons appeared before electrons.

Originally posted by Loren Booda
suggesting that electrons appeared before electrons.
You mean before protons? =]

I'm fairly sure that most (non-virtual) particles you would come across in intergalactic space would be hydrogen atoms in exceedingly rare quantity. There is little energy out there, and therefore not much to keep electrons and protons from forming atoms. It's in stars that you'll find nucleui separate from electron shells, where the particles aren't "calm" enough.

I'm not entirly sure though.

1. What are electrons in intergalactic space?

Electrons in intergalactic space refer to the free electrons that exist in the space between galaxies. They are not bound to any particular atom or molecule and are constantly moving through the vast expanse of empty space.

2. How are electrons in intergalactic space different from those on Earth?

Electrons in intergalactic space have a much lower density and are not affected by the magnetic and electric fields that exist on Earth. This allows them to travel much farther and faster than electrons on our planet.

3. What role do electrons in intergalactic space play in the universe?

Electrons in intergalactic space play a crucial role in the formation and evolution of galaxies. They contribute to the heating and ionization of gas in the intergalactic medium, which is necessary for the formation of stars and galaxies.

4. How do scientists study electrons in intergalactic space?

Scientists study electrons in intergalactic space through various methods, such as observing their effects on the surrounding gas, measuring their energy levels, and using computer simulations to model their behavior.

5. Is there a limit to how far electrons in intergalactic space can travel?

Currently, there is no known limit to how far electrons in intergalactic space can travel. However, as they travel farther from their source, they become more dispersed and their effects become weaker. Eventually, they will become too diffuse to have any significant impact on the surrounding gas and matter.