The Mystifying Sphere: Is Its Curve Defined by a Euclidian Degree?

• Thread starter Mattius_
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Sphere
In summary, The conversation centers around the fascination and complexity of a sphere. The participants discuss the mathematical properties of a sphere, including its curve and its value as a standard variable in higher level math. They also discuss the comparison of a sphere's curve to an average angle in Euclidean degrees and the use of a perimeter of a circle to define a degree. The conversation also touches on the efficiency of a sphere as a shape found in nature. Despite some disagreement and humorous comments, the conversation ultimately revolves around the complexity and sophistication of a sphere.
Mattius_
The Sphere! Mystifying!

Is it just me or is a sphere a truly remarkable thing? I cannot ponder its properties so ill ask a few questions...

Is the curve of a sphere perpetual standard of somesort?? is it's value a standard variable in some higher level math??

Being a guy who needs elementary comparisons, can we equate this curve with a average angle of somesort in euclidian degrees?***

the best solution i have come up with here is taking a perimeter of a circle and putting it on top of the perimeter of X-agon(meaning an X sided symmetrical shape) and lining up the linear sides of the X-agon with the circle's perimeter so that each side intersects the circles perimeter twice and also so that the middle length of the X-agon is exactly double the length of each of the 2 outside parts of the side. (sometimes a million words cannot define a picture, but try)The end result from a satisfactory X-agon would be a defined degree, Right?

anyways, am i just crazy or is the sphere an incredibly complex and sophisticated body.

Physics news on Phys.org
I think youre crazy lol :wink:

I was thinking the same thing the other day, mind you that does not not mean I disagree with the above post :/

I like donut shapes myself.:smile:

although we have concluded that i am crazy, we still haven't verified my attempt to bring an angle to a circle... any thoughts on this?

Originally posted by Mattius_
although we have concluded that i am crazy, we still haven't verified my attempt to bring an angle to a circle... any thoughts on this?

The angle is 90 degrees to a perpendicular line at a constant length from the center point for a circle and any angle within 360 degrees to a perpendicular line in the z axis and 90 degrees from the y-axis at a constant length from the center point for a sphere.

Another interesting thing about a sphere is that it is nature's most efficient shape.

Had to edit a bit, I forgot the z axis for the sphere.

Last edited:

1. What is the Mystifying Sphere and why is its curve important?

The Mystifying Sphere is a mathematical concept that refers to a hypothetical 3-dimensional object with a curved surface. Its curve is important because it has been the subject of much debate and study among mathematicians and scientists, as it challenges traditional notions of Euclidean geometry.

2. How is the curve of the Mystifying Sphere defined?

The curve of the Mystifying Sphere is defined by a non-Euclidean degree, meaning it does not follow the standard rules and principles of Euclidean geometry. This non-Euclidean degree is based on the concept of curvature, which measures the amount of bending or deviation from a straight line.

3. What is the significance of the Mystifying Sphere in mathematics?

The Mystifying Sphere has been a source of fascination and debate among mathematicians, as it challenges traditional concepts of geometry and introduces new ways of thinking about curved surfaces. It has also been used to explore the possibilities of non-Euclidean geometry and its applications in the real world.

4. How is the Mystifying Sphere studied and researched?

The Mystifying Sphere is studied and researched through a combination of mathematical equations, computer simulations, and physical models. Mathematicians and scientists use various methods to analyze its curvature and understand its properties, often collaborating with colleagues in different fields.

5. What are some potential real-world applications of the Mystifying Sphere?

The Mystifying Sphere has potential applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and computer science. Its unique curvature and properties could be used to develop new technologies, improve our understanding of the universe, and solve complex problems in various industries.