Problems with physicsforums.com email account

• Thread starter Entropia
  • Start date
In summary, there were problems with the physicsforums email accounts, causing frustration and inconvenience for users who rely on them for important communication. However, the issue has been resolved and the email accounts are now fully operational. Users can also sign up for a free PF email account if they wish.
Entropia
Hello People,

Is it just me, or is anybody else having problems with their physicsforums email account?

It has grown to be my primary email account over recent months. -I even put it on my resume & CV(Entropia@physicsforums.com) and I will be hearing from employers and graduate schools *any day now*, and my email account does not seem to exist anymore.

<SCREAMS, POUTS, RUNS AROUND THE ROOM DESTROYING THINGS>

Greggie... please... fix...please... pretty please... with obscene amounts of sucrose and physicspost articles on top...

<SCREAMS>

:frown:

~*Entropia*~

Physics news on Phys.org
Oh.. and...

Oh, by the way... I love physicsforums' new face lift. Right on Greg.

~*Entropia*~

Hi Entropia. I to have had serious issues with my physics forums email account. The problem is, is that you CANNOT RECEIVE ANY EMAILS! This is serious for some of us, as you mentioned with your resumes. Many of my contacts I exchange information daily with through physics forums e-mail so over the past couple days I’ve had to use a different address, a serious pain. I notified Greg about this. It took me two days. I could register here at the forums and I couldn’t email Greg at admin@physicsforums.com because he isn’t going to receive it! Oh the Confusion! Hopefully this problem will be resolved soon.

Tp those who have physicsforums email accounts: Please note e-mails cannot be sent to your account, you are going to have to find a temporary acount until the problem is resolved.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

This problem is known and being worked on. I expect PF mail to be working soon. I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks Greg. We appreciate the time and effort.

mine doesn't work yet.

<screams and panics>

As far as I gather its not working yet. :frown: I attempted to send a couple e-mails to the address and they never went through.

okay, how about now?

mine isn't working yet either :(

PF Email is now working.
I have confirmed PF mail is now fully operational! I repeat all systems are go!

mine is fully operational now <grins>

THANX GREGGIE!

1. Why am I not receiving emails from Physics Forums?

There could be a few reasons for this. First, make sure that your email account associated with Physics Forums is active and has enough storage space to receive new emails. Also, check your spam or junk folder to see if the emails are getting filtered there. If the issue persists, contact the forum administrators for further assistance.

2. I am receiving too many emails from Physics Forums. How can I reduce the number?

Physics Forums offers the option to adjust your email notification settings. You can choose to receive emails for all new posts, threads, or private messages, or you can customize your options to receive emails only for specific forums or threads. Simply go to your account settings and adjust your email notification preferences.

3. I am unable to log in to my Physics Forums email account. What should I do?

If you are having trouble logging in to your email account, try resetting your password. You can do this by clicking on the "Forgot Password" link on the login page and following the prompts. If you still cannot log in, contact the forum administrators for further assistance.

4. How do I change my email address associated with Physics Forums?

You can change your email address by going to your account settings and clicking on the "Change Email Address" option. You will need to verify your new email address to complete the change. If you no longer have access to the email account associated with your Physics Forums account, contact the forum administrators for assistance.

5. I accidentally deleted an important email from Physics Forums. Can I recover it?

If you have deleted an email from Physics Forums, it cannot be recovered. However, you can always access your private messages and subscribed threads on the forum itself. If the email was a notification for a private message or thread, you can find it by navigating to the corresponding section on the forum.