Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Delay on instant mail notification

Markov

Feb 1, 2012
Hi

The mails of "instant mail notification" aren't arriving instantly, they delay for a period and I have seen the replies and when looking at my inbox, I've already seen the reply. Could you guys fix that?

Ackbach

Indicium Physicus
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi

The mails of "instant mail notification" aren't arriving instantly, they delay for a period and I have seen the replies and when looking at my inbox, I've already seen the reply. Could you guys fix that?
Those are delays due to inherent latency in the Internet. Email just kind of arrives when it feels like it. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do about it.

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
Hi

I've been looking into this for an hour now and there isn't an easy solution it seems. Lots of people have complained about this and it seems to be related to vBulletin, not MHB. Our email system is working fine and when I tested how quickly it can send an email it was instant. I think the problem boils down to how often the software checks for new posts/threads and how often it sends out emails. You can appreciate I'm sure that having these tasks done continuously would overload the server. I will see if I can change these settings to be performed more often.

Markov

Feb 1, 2012
I've been checking and realised that the delay is pretty short, it's about 3 minutes, not much really.