The great destroyer: human or nonhuman nature?

In summary, the conversation discusses the comparison between human malevolence and natural predation in terms of their destructive effects on life. The participants share their opinions on the topic and discuss potential scenarios, such as a nuclear holocaust, that could result from human malevolence. Some also bring up the role of ignorance and obstinacy in human actions. Ultimately, the majority agrees that human malevolence is more destructive than natural predation, as it often goes beyond the natural balance of nature.

Does human malevolence or natural predation have a more lethal consequence to life?

• Human malevolence and ignorance

Votes: 4 100.0%
  • Natural predation and randomness

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both are equally lethal

• Neither is significant

• Total voters
Loren Booda
Is human malevolence or natural predation more destructive to life?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Malevolence in response to malevolence in response to predation.

nuke holocaust because terrorists nuked a city because US imperialism.

that's the "end-times" scenario i see most likely to happen. what would result from a sudden mushroom cloud over NYC or DC? it would get crazy and i could see many nukes going all over the place...

i think i misunderstood, overall life? predation is more destructive..

I agree with the malevolence part, but not the ignorance part. Ignorance is defined as unaware. Humans are perfectly aware of the dangers involved with recklessly cutting down trees and stuff. A better word to use is obstinate.

i agree...
human can't always find a reason for the wrong thing they do

Loren Booda, as usual you have come up with a very thought-provoking poll. I chose Human Malevolence. I did so because nature seems to keep itself in check, and maintain homeostasis, until the introduction of Humans. In fact, the second stage of the development of an environment is caused by either natural disasters or human intervention (which is practically the same thing anyway:wink:).

1. Is the Great Destroyer primarily caused by human actions or by nonhuman factors?

The answer to this question is complex and multidimensional. While human actions have undoubtedly played a significant role in the destruction of our planet, nonhuman factors such as natural disasters and climate change also contribute. It is important to recognize that both human and nonhuman factors are intertwined and must be addressed in order to mitigate the effects of the Great Destroyer.

2. What evidence supports the idea that humans are the primary cause of the Great Destroyer?

There is a vast amount of scientific evidence that points to human activities as the primary cause of the Great Destroyer. This includes the exponential increase in carbon emissions, deforestation, and pollution, as well as the depletion of natural resources and loss of biodiversity. Additionally, historical data shows a direct correlation between human industrialization and the acceleration of environmental degradation.

3. Can we reverse the damage caused by the Great Destroyer?

While the damage caused by the Great Destroyer may seem overwhelming, it is not too late to take action. By implementing sustainable practices, reducing our carbon footprint, and protecting and restoring natural habitats, we can start to reverse the damage. However, it will require a global effort and a shift towards more environmentally conscious behaviors.

4. Are there any positive impacts of nonhuman nature on the environment?

Absolutely. Nonhuman nature plays a crucial role in maintaining a healthy and balanced ecosystem. For example, plants and trees absorb carbon dioxide and produce oxygen, which is essential for all living beings. Animals also help with pollination and seed dispersal, which is vital for plant reproduction. It is important to recognize and protect the valuable contributions of nonhuman nature.

5. What can individuals do to help combat the Great Destroyer?

As individuals, we can make a significant impact by making small changes in our daily lives. This includes reducing our consumption, using sustainable transportation, supporting environmentally friendly businesses, and advocating for policies that promote conservation and sustainability. Education and awareness are also critical in inspiring others to take action and make a positive impact on the environment.