Deficiencies in Vised compared with MCNP

• Thread starter alaa y okasha
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mcnp
In summary: Your Name]In summary, the speaker is having trouble with the visual editor of MCNP, specifically with cells and volumes being automatically rewritten and eliminated. They are seeking help to solve this issue and are recommended to contact the program's technical support for assistance.
alaa y okasha
Hello for all of you,
I am having a problem with the visual editor of the MCNP.
When I use cards like this cell card:
(( 10 2 -1.04 -2600 imp:p=1 vol=176 ))
in the -visual editor- The VISED automatically rewrite the code after updating it, and eliminate the importance and the volume identifications. I understood what is happened with the importance,since It collected all the importance in one card, and that was good, but my problem was with the "volume identifications", which the program has eliminated all of them without modification or rewriting them again, not just that but gave me a warning that the volumes of F6 tally were not inputted.
Help me please to solve this problem, .
Thanks in advance.Okasha

Engineering news on Phys.org
Hello.
Did you try pick the file input and put it in the mcnp folder?
did try put the all areas?

I had a similar problem. I put VISED in the same folder as mcnp and the input file as well. add in addition to the volumes, also areas and try to put the files in the mcnp folder.

Sorry, i am a student, a beginner in mcnp, I would like to help more.

Likes DEvens

Hi Okasha,

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with the visual editor of MCNP. Have you tried checking the program's user manual or contacting their technical support for assistance with this issue? It sounds like there may be a glitch in the program that is causing it to automatically rewrite your code and eliminate important information. I can understand how frustrating that must be.

If you haven't already, I would suggest reaching out to the program's technical support team for help with this issue. They may be able to provide you with a solution or workaround for the problem you are experiencing. I hope this helps and that you are able to get your issue resolved soon.

Best of luck,

Related to Deficiencies in Vised compared with MCNP

1. What is the difference between Vised and MCNP?

Vised and MCNP are both computer codes used for simulating and analyzing nuclear systems. However, Vised is a deterministic code, meaning it uses fixed values for input parameters, while MCNP is a stochastic code, meaning it uses probability distributions for input parameters. This leads to differences in the accuracy and precision of results.

2. What are the main deficiencies of Vised compared with MCNP?

The main deficiencies of Vised compared with MCNP include its inability to model complex geometries and its reliance on fixed input parameters, which may not accurately represent real-world scenarios. Additionally, Vised does not have the same level of nuclear data libraries as MCNP, leading to potential discrepancies in results.

3. Can Vised and MCNP be used interchangeably?

No, Vised and MCNP are not interchangeable. While they both have the capability to simulate nuclear systems, their underlying methodologies and assumptions are different. It is important to carefully consider the specific needs and goals of a simulation before choosing which code to use.

4. How can the deficiencies of Vised be addressed?

The deficiencies of Vised can be addressed by using it in conjunction with other codes or tools. For example, Vised can be used to generate approximate results, which can then be refined using MCNP. Additionally, efforts are continuously being made to improve Vised and address its limitations.

5. Are there any advantages of using Vised over MCNP?

Yes, there are some advantages of using Vised over MCNP. Vised is typically faster and easier to use, making it a good option for preliminary analyses or quick simulations. It also has a simpler user interface, making it more accessible to those without extensive knowledge of nuclear physics.