Default MathJax renderer in Insights

• Complaint
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses an issue with the MathJax renderer on mobile devices and suggests changing the default renderer to Common HTML. The conversation also mentions different operating systems and browsers being used and the possibility of the issue being caused by larger text size on the phone.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I was reading Demystifier's recent insight post, when I found that all the inline equations were overlapping with each other and were not quite readable:

Screenshot_20190219-193336.png

While on PC it is quite easy to change the MathJax renderer, on mobile, it is not. You have to go on tapping and hope that the MathJax options come up.

Screenshot_20190219-194211.png

Can the default MathJax renderer be changed to Common HTML, similar to what it is in the main forums?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190219-193336.png
    Screenshot_20190219-193336.png
    32.6 KB · Views: 464
  • Screenshot_20190219-194211.png
    Screenshot_20190219-194211.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 238
Physics news on Phys.org
hmmm what OS and browser are you using? In my tests it works fine. The config should be the same as the forums.

Greg Bernhardt said:
hmmm what OS and browser are you using? In my tests it works fine. The config should be the same as the forums.
OS is Android 6.0.1, and browser is Chrome.

Wrichik Basu said:
OS is Android 6.0.1, and browser is Chrome.
hmmm can anyone else confirm that uses android?

Looks OK under Android 8.0.0 (both Chrome and whatever browser S7 uses as a default one).

Likes Greg Bernhardt
The LaTeX looks fine on my phone (Android 9, Chrome 72.0.3626.105)
2019-02-19 09.26.29.png

Maybe it has to do with the larger text size on the OP's phone.

Attachments

• 2019-02-19 09.26.29.png
    2019-02-19 09.26.29.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 248
Likes Greg Bernhardt
Ygggdrasil said:
Maybe it has to do with the larger text size on the OP's phone.
I changed the text scaling recently to about 150% from the previous 100%. It could be a result of that.

Related to Default MathJax renderer in Insights

What is the "Default MathJax renderer" in Insights?

The "Default MathJax renderer" in Insights is a feature that allows users to display mathematical equations and symbols in their content. It uses the MathJax library, which is a JavaScript library that renders math equations in web browsers.

How do I use the Default MathJax renderer in my content?

To use the Default MathJax renderer in your content, you will need to wrap your mathematical equations and symbols in the appropriate MathJax delimiters. For example, you can use the dollar sign ($) as a delimiter for inline equations, and double dollar signs ($$) for displayed equations.

Can I customize the appearance of the equations rendered by the Default MathJax renderer?

Yes, you can customize the appearance of the equations rendered by the Default MathJax renderer by modifying the MathJax configuration. This can include changing the font, size, and color of the equations, as well as adjusting the spacing and alignment.

What types of equations and symbols are supported by the Default MathJax renderer?

The Default MathJax renderer supports a wide range of mathematical equations and symbols, including fractions, exponents, square roots, Greek letters, and more. It also supports advanced features such as matrices, integrals, and calculus notation.

Is the Default MathJax renderer compatible with all web browsers?

Yes, the Default MathJax renderer is compatible with all modern web browsers, including Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. It also supports mobile browsers, making it accessible on a variety of devices.