Death Ray New Approach - Is It Possible?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using a system of smaller mirrors to align reflected light from a mirror and use it as a "death ray." However, it is determined that this idea is not possible based on the laws of physics. The conversation concludes with a suggestion to start a thread about optics or the physics of radiation in the appropriate forum.
WannabeWizard
When people attempt to build one, they usually put objects near its focal point in front of the mirror but i wonder, has anybody tried "collecting" the light and aligning the beams in some way to be used as one? I know that the light is coming under different angles but is it possible to align at least a portion of the light reflected from the mirror via a system of smaller mirrors? Do you know about a blog or someone who has tried something similar or is it practically impossible?

Sorry for my childish idea, i already forgot high school optics, here is the doodle:
2cqdwnt.jpg

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm sorry, but there's no such thing as a death ray so we can't give you any answer based om the laws of physics.

If you want to start a thread about a specific question in optics, or a discussion of the physics of beams of radiation of various types, that's OK in the appropriate subforum, but this thread is closed.

Related to Death Ray New Approach - Is It Possible?

1. Can a "death ray" actually be created?

Currently, there is no scientific evidence to suggest that a "death ray" or any other type of weapon that can instantly kill a person is possible. However, there have been many attempts by scientists and governments to develop such a weapon, but none have been successful thus far.

2. What is the "new approach" to creating a death ray?

The "new approach" to creating a death ray refers to using advanced technology and scientific theories to try and develop a weapon that can cause harm or death from a distance. This may include using lasers, microwaves, or other forms of electromagnetic radiation.

3. Is there any ethical concern with developing a death ray?

Yes, there are many ethical concerns surrounding the development of a death ray. The use of such a weapon would raise serious questions about the morality of killing from a distance and the potential for misuse or unintended harm to innocent individuals.

4. What are the potential consequences of a successful death ray?

The consequences of a successful death ray could be catastrophic. It could lead to an arms race and increase tensions between countries, potentially leading to war. There is also the risk of terrorists or other malicious groups obtaining this technology and using it for their own destructive purposes.

5. What are the current laws and regulations surrounding the development of a death ray?

There are currently no specific laws or regulations that address the development of a death ray. However, many countries have laws and treaties in place that prohibit the use of weapons that cause unnecessary suffering or death. Additionally, there may be regulations related to the use of certain technologies or materials that could be used in the creation of a death ray.