Dealing with Skin Irritation: Tips & Advice

• Thread starter NeedBioInfo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Skin Tips
In summary, the conversation discusses skin irritation and potential ways to treat it. The main suggestion is to identify the cause of the irritation and avoid it. If the skin is broken, using Neosporin or a similar triple antibiotic can help prevent infection. If the irritation is just inflamed or itchy, hydrocortisone cream can provide relief. If it is due to dry skin, a moisturizer may be sufficient. If the irritation persists, it is recommended to see a doctor. The conversation also briefly mentions the topic of stem cells from cloned embryos.
NeedBioInfo
Okay I have one area with skin irritation...could somebody give advice on how to diminish/destroy the skin irritation? I've heard irritated skin on my hands before from for example washing my hands too much...but that's not a problem anymore...

anyways thanks

Biology news on Phys.org
neosporen- get it at your local walgreens.

Of course the most important thing is to try to identify the cause of the irritation and avoid it (are you allergic to something, or wearing clothing that is chafing, etc.).

If the skin is broken, yomamma's suggestion of using Neosporin, or any other similar over-the-counter triple antibiotic, will help prevent it from getting infected. If it's just inflamed or itchy, hydrocortisone cream will help. If it's just from dry skin, then a moisturizer might be all you need. If it doesn't get better in a few days, see a doctor.

okay,thanks.

BTW, um, can we/do we get stem cells from cloned embryos?

Related to Dealing with Skin Irritation: Tips & Advice

1. What are common causes of skin irritation?

Common causes of skin irritation include allergies, irritants (such as chemicals or fabrics), skin conditions (like eczema or psoriasis), and environmental factors (like dry or humid air).

2. How can I prevent skin irritation?

To prevent skin irritation, it is important to identify and avoid triggers, use gentle skincare products and detergents, avoid excessive sun exposure, and keep the skin well-moisturized.

3. What are some natural remedies for skin irritation?

Some natural remedies for skin irritation include applying aloe vera gel, oatmeal baths, using essential oils like lavender or tea tree oil, and using cold compresses to soothe the skin.

4. When should I see a doctor for skin irritation?

You should see a doctor if your skin irritation is severe, lasts for more than a few days, is accompanied by other symptoms like fever or swelling, or if you have a known skin condition that is not responding to treatment.

5. How can I treat skin irritation?

Treatment for skin irritation depends on the cause, but some common treatments include over-the-counter creams or ointments, prescription medications, cool compresses, and avoiding triggers. It is important to consult a doctor for proper diagnosis and treatment.