Exploring the Physics Behind a Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier and Capacitor Filter

• Thread starter ElectroPhysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    R&d Topic
In summary, the speaker's research and development topic is in the field of Electromagnetics and Physics of semiconductor devices. They are currently working on a project involving a unipolar dynamo and are also working on a microcontroller based automatic voltage stabilizer and a switching powersupply. They have also posted a question in the Electrical Engineering section of Physics Forums for assistance.
ElectroPhysics
What is your research and development topic?
My topic is
Electromagnetics &
Physics of semiconductor devices/semiconductor Physics.

Physics news on Phys.org
Right now I'm trying out different configurations of the unipolar dynamo. It is a very strange kind of generator: huge amps, low voltage.

Currently I'm working on a microcontroller based automatic voltage stabilizer and a switching powersupply involving magnetic calculations for its auto & ferrite transformers respectively.

ElectroPhysics said:
Currently I'm working on a microcontroller based automatic voltage stabilizer and a switching powersupply involving magnetic calculations for its auto & ferrite transformers respectively.
Perhaps you could help with the question I posted today in Electrical Engineering:

Full-Wave Bridge Rectifier With Capacitor Filter - Physics Help and Math Help - Physics Forums
Address:https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=27552

1. What is the purpose of your research and development topic?

The purpose of my research and development topic is to investigate and explore new ideas, technologies, or processes that can lead to advancements and improvements in a particular field or industry.

2. How did you choose your R&D topic?

I chose my R&D topic by identifying a problem or gap in current knowledge or technology, and then conducting extensive research to determine the feasibility and potential impact of pursuing this topic.

3. What are the expected outcomes of your R&D topic?

The expected outcomes of my R&D topic may vary, but they could include new discoveries, innovative solutions, or practical applications that can benefit society, the environment, or specific industries.

4. What methods or techniques are you using in your research and development?

I am using a combination of methods and techniques, such as literature reviews, experiments, data analysis, and computer simulations, to gather and analyze data, test hypotheses, and draw conclusions for my research and development topic.

5. How will your R&D topic contribute to the scientific community?

My R&D topic will contribute to the scientific community by expanding the current knowledge base, providing new insights, and potentially inspiring further research in related areas. It may also have practical applications or implications that can benefit society.