Class Rings: Worth the Money After High School?

In summary, the conversation was about whether or not buying class rings in high school was a waste of money, with some people sharing their personal opinions and experiences. It was also briefly mentioned that someone recently got engaged, and the conversation shifted to discussing class rings and their purpose. The conversation ends with congratulations and well wishes for the upcoming wedding.
How many people bought class rings from high school? I always thought it was a waste of money personally, just like letter jackets. Who actually wears them out of high school?

Physics news on Phys.org
hmmmm...

Al Bundy?

Otherwise, you got me:wink:

I found a nice one at Goodwill.
Polished it up, and BAMM! Bling Bling!

I got one. Nice gold one. But its to small now :(
But it will be the only memory from umm, whatever high school i went to... Somewhere around here...

i thought they were a waste of money as well...i did just get my engagement ring however...:smile:

Originally posted by Kerrie
...i did just get my engagement ring however...:smile:
How nice! Congrats Kerrie

Originally posted by Monique
How nice! Congrats Kerrie

Yahoo! Made the date for the big day yet?

I also thought that class rings were a waste of money. I mean, what can they do besides look pretty? Letter jackets, on the other hand, keep you warm. I got my jacket in seventh grade, two years before going to high school.

Originally posted by Greg Bernhardt
Yahoo! Made the date for the big day yet?

we were going to do it april 1st, but it looks like july 17th 2004 in las vegas...

So, what's a class ring [?] [?]

a class ring is a token as a high school student you can buy that has your "birthstone", your initials, and your school mascot...maybe even more, but it is typically quite gaudy and expensive...

I have a sleek, silver college ring which I never wear. It's a nice memento heh

but it looks like july 17th 2004 in las vegas...

Is Elvis going to perform the ceremony?

"Do you, Kerrie, take this hunka' burnin' love to be your lawful wedded husband?..."

Originally posted by Tom
Is Elvis going to perform the ceremony?

"Do you, Kerrie, take this hunka' burnin' love to be your lawful wedded husband?..."

no, just going to do something simple...

no, just going to do something simple...
Simple meaning Elvis as best man?

Congrats, Kerrie!

Thanks for the response Kerrie and congrats :smile:

What is a class ring?

A class ring is a ring worn by students and alumni to symbolize their graduation from high school or college. It typically includes the school's name, graduation year, and sometimes a special design or gemstone.

Are class rings worth the money?

This is a subjective question and ultimately depends on personal preferences and financial circumstances. Some people view class rings as a valuable keepsake and symbol of their achievements, while others may not see the value in spending money on a ring.

What factors should I consider when deciding if a class ring is worth the money?

Some factors to consider include the cost of the ring, the quality and design of the ring, the sentimental value it holds for you, and your current financial situation. It's important to weigh these factors and make a decision that feels right for you.

Do class rings hold their value?

Class rings are not typically considered to be valuable in terms of resale or investment. However, they may hold sentimental value for the owner and can be passed down as a family heirloom.

Is it better to buy a class ring after high school or college?

This is a personal decision based on individual circumstances. Some people may prefer to purchase a class ring right after graduation to commemorate the milestone, while others may wait until they are more financially stable. It's important to consider your own priorities and make a decision that feels right for you.