DC-voltage sweep @CST Design Studio

• Thread starter RF_Pif
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Design
In summary, the DC-voltage sweep feature in CST Design Studio allows for simulating a circuit's response to a range of DC voltages. The user can specify the voltage range, step size, and view the results in the post-processing mode. This feature is available in all versions of CST Design Studio and can be used for both linear and non-linear circuits.
RF_Pif
Hey,

i would like to know how i can make a DC-voltage-sweep in CST Design studio with Current.
I have a simple circuit consist of a diode and i want to see what is the current across the diode with different values of dc voltage.

Does anyone knows, how can i do that ?

Many thanks !

Engineering news on Phys.org
You should probably contact CST. They don't bite (I know a number of their apps people).

Maybe a programmable current source if there is one.
Else a high value resistor in series with a swept voltage source.

Related to DC-voltage sweep @CST Design Studio

1. How does the DC-voltage sweep feature work in CST Design Studio?

The DC-voltage sweep feature in CST Design Studio allows you to simulate the response of a circuit to a range of DC voltages. This is useful for analyzing the behavior of a circuit under different operating conditions.

2. Can I specify the voltage range for the DC-voltage sweep?

Yes, you can specify the start and end voltages, as well as the step size, for the DC-voltage sweep in CST Design Studio. This gives you control over the range of voltages that will be simulated.

3. Is the DC-voltage sweep feature available in all versions of CST Design Studio?

Yes, the DC-voltage sweep feature is available in all versions of CST Design Studio. However, some versions may have additional options or settings for this feature.

4. How can I view the results of the DC-voltage sweep in CST Design Studio?

After running the simulation, you can view the results of the DC-voltage sweep in the post-processing mode of CST Design Studio. This will display graphs and data for the circuit's response at different voltages.

5. Can I use the DC-voltage sweep feature for non-linear circuits?

Yes, the DC-voltage sweep feature in CST Design Studio can be used for both linear and non-linear circuits. However, the results may differ depending on the non-linear behavior of the circuit.