Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
Originally asked by Another God

Why do elephants have four feet?

Because, it was a "hands down" decision!

Why do elephants (let go Wuliheron!) have four Knees?

Physics news on Phys.org
Four knees a jolly good fallow.

Why are elephants Republican?

Actually, "Republicans" is a subset of "Elephants"; so, all Republicans are Elephants, but not all Elephants are Republicans.

When the Democrats ask a stupid question, why are the Republicans so eager to give a stupid answer. (Or visa versa.)

Originally posted by Ben-CS
Actually, "Republicans" is a subset of "Elephants"; so, all Republicans are Elephants, but not all Elephants are Republicans.

When the Democrats ask a stupid question, why are the Republicans so eager to give a stupid answer. (Or visa versa.)

It's a constant struggle, for one side to look dumber than the other, and thus win majority votes.

What does it mean for a society to be "civilized"?

What does it mean for a society to be "civilized"?

I don't know about you; but, I'm beginning to think it means nothing.

What does it mean for a society to be "nothing"?

It means for it to be civilised (according to your post).

What would it mean for a society to be uncivilized (based on our previous definition)?

It is that every member of the society has found her/his soulmate so they will melt into each other and offset each other's effect thus leading to an effect known as RB-LP syndrome (perhaps only energy radiating around in quanta or buckets depending on the observer).

How can you find your soulmate?

PS: I like Richard Bach.

Originally posted by Manuel_Silvio
It is that every member of the society has found her/his soulmate so they will melt into each other and offset each other's effect thus leading to an effect known as RB-LP syndrome (perhaps only energy radiating around in quanta or buckets depending on the observer).

How can you find your soulmate?

PS: I like Richard Bach.

I think the dumbest answer I've heard to this question is "stop looking" (what really bothers me is that people think they're being wise, by answering this way . However, I'd just like it to be known, that this answer is not of my own originality.

My Stupid Question: Has this question already been asked?

Mentat asked:
Has this question already been asked?

Blue with infrared polka-dots covered in turkey gravy.

Who's in charge?

Originally asked by J-man

Who's in charge?

I thought 'who', was on first!

(P.S.sssssssssssst, No one!)

Is a Prime Minister, actually, a 'ministerial' Prime?

Yes and no.

Why can't I make up my mind?

Because They don't want you to.
Who are They?

Those who didn't let me ask my question.

What was the question I wanted to ask?

What was the question I wanted to ask?

Your question was stupid, of course. (See thread title.)

What happens if you eat an inverted palindrome?

Ben-CS asked:
What happens if you eat an inverted palindrome?
A little while later you, umm, "recycle" an inverted paliindrome.

What's a better way of saying "take a dump" other than "recycle"?

Almost anyway at all.

You can make a sentence where every word starts with B. Can a bee make a sentence where every word starts with U?

Originally asked by Ben_CS

You can make a sentence where every word starts with B. Can a bee make a sentence where every word starts with U?

Bee Unlikely, Usually Uuttered Ubiquitously, Unless...'U' Ululate

Does the expression; "Putting ones nose to the Grindstone" ever need to be taken literally?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
Does the expression; "Putting ones nose to the Grindstone" ever need to be taken literally?
Only when Mrs. Grindstone needs to check if it's time to remind her husband to take a shower.

Why does Mr. Grindstone abhor showering so much?

Because he will be eroded -that comes from Eros- by water.

What relation is there betwenn erosion and Eros?

Because he will be eroded -that comes from Eros- by water.

What relation is there betwenn erosion and Eros?

The first four letters of the words.

What's an E.T.?

Originally asked by Mentat

What's an E.T.?

An Extraneous Terrestrial?

An Earthy Twosome?

An Extra Tediousness?

An Evoluted Terrerium?

An Expert Truncation?

Or An Educated 'Thing-a-ma-bopper'?

I got it, Everything Totaled

If 'Ashes' are to 'ashes', like 'dust' is to 'dust', is it then, "live we do, and die, we must"?

Probly.

Why does the rain in Spain fall mainly on the plain?

For rain in Spain is not mainly much sane.

How insane is rain in Spain?

For rain in Spain is not mainly much sane.

How insane is rain in Spain?

Not insane, merely plain, and the bane of life in Spain.

What's the point of talking in rhyme?

What's the point of talking in rhyme?

It is the reason for the meter, and the time!

Is, from now on, your quention soooooooooooo stupid,

That it will be a rhyme with such love, that we'll call you cupid?

Mr. Robin Parsons asked:
Is, from now on, your quention soooooooooooo stupid,

That it will be a rhyme with such love, that we'll call you cupid?
Ummm... no, probably not. In fact, I'm quite sure that it will not. That was cute though.
Does the 'Parsons to English Dictionary' rhyme the definitions?

It depends on how drunk the user is.

On average have the questions in PF 2.0 been stupider then those in PF 3.0 have been, or is it the other way around?

Originally posted by climbhi
On average have the questions in PF 2.0 been stupider then those in PF 3.0 have been, or is it the other way around?

The MSQ (mean stupidity quotient) of the quetions on PF2 were rated on a scale of 1 to 10 and amazingly were ranked at -437.2. That can be roughly translated as meaning "Never before found levels of stupidity." If we were to compare this score with the current MSQ rating of the PF3 quetions, which would be kinda like comparing apples to other kinds of apples, we find that these questions, on a scale of 0 to 9, for some reason, have been rated a nominal -42. This could be interrpreted as meaning only "Embarrasingly stupid." Reflecting on this data, the answer to the question escapes me at this time.

Does a really long answer qualify as a stupid answer, or must it be genuinely stupid no matter the length?

I think the most geniunely stupid answers, or at least those with the highest MSQ are the exceedingly short, yet unbelievably stupid answers.

This begs the question, what's better a very short answer that is just embarissingly stupid, or a somewhat longer question but which is on a level of never before seen stupidity.

Originally asked by climbhi

This begs the question, what's better a very short answer that is just embarissingly stupid, or a somewhat longer question but which is on a level of never before seen stupidity.

Yes, most assuredly, positively, you got it!

If climbhi knew "The man from Nantucket" rhyme, would he tell the rest of us, in due time?

She/he actually mimes all those rhymes from far ancient times but if you give two dimes, believe me, they'll be much better than limes to which the word rhymes - that you've used so many times - well rhymes... (the maker of these rhymes who lost her/his life in old times did hear them listening to wind chimes)...

Why those rhymes from far ancient times chose to settle down in wind chimes?

Originally Asked by Manuel_Silvio

Why those rhymes from far ancient times chose to settle down in wind chimes?

So when the wind blows hard, those rhymes do retard, and we find those stupid quentions from the ancient card!

If life "Is like a box of chocolates" then why run?

Originally posted by Mr. Robin Parsons
So when the wind blows hard, those rhymes do retard, and we find those stupid quentions from the ancient card!

If life "Is like a box of chocolates" then why run?

Chocolate gives me gass.

Where do you think Forest's mother got the "Gump" part from?

Where do you think Forest's mother got the "Gump" part from?

Gets Under Mom's Pillows!

If the end is the last thing you will ever see, then why did it rhyme?

I tell you it didn't!

How could you ever think about it?

<h2>1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?</h2><p>"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>2. Why do people use this phrase?</h2><p>People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.</p><h2>3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?</h2><p>No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.</p><h2>4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?</h2><p>This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.</p><h2>5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?</h2><p>It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.</p>

1. What is "Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer"?

"Ask a Stupid Question Get a Stupid Answer" is a phrase that is often used as a playful response to a question that is deemed to be silly or nonsensical. It is meant to be a lighthearted way to acknowledge that the question may not have a serious or logical answer.

2. Why do people use this phrase?

People use this phrase as a way to inject humor into a situation where a question may not have a clear or straightforward answer. It can also be used to acknowledge that the question may not be well thought out or may not have a serious purpose.

3. Is there any scientific basis for this phrase?

No, there is no scientific basis for this phrase. It is simply a common saying that is used in casual conversation to add humor or acknowledge a silly question.

4. Can a question really be considered "stupid"?

This phrase is not meant to be taken literally. The word "stupid" is used in a playful and lighthearted manner, and is not intended to be offensive or hurtful. It is simply a way to acknowledge that a question may not have a serious or logical answer.

5. Is it appropriate to use this phrase in a professional setting?

It depends on the context and the relationship between the individuals involved. In a formal or serious setting, it may not be appropriate to use this phrase. However, in a casual or lighthearted conversation, it may be acceptable to use this phrase as a way to inject humor into the discussion.