Custom Trailer Project Questions

In summary: The cages can be opened or unfolded out sideways with the use of "arms" that can collapse down in a small space when stacked on the deck. These arms would use foldable hydraulic pistons and would allow for wiring to run through them and back to the trailer deck. Detailed diagrams and schematics are needed to build models and test the mechanical parts. Other features such as fold out walls, sound systems, flat screen TVs, reception areas, bathrooms, kitchens, and flip-up signage on the roof
NightsThunder
I am building a custom trailer, that will have "cages" ranging in size from 20" tall by 40" wide by 6' long to 39" tall, 40" wide, 8' long. And stacked up to 6 high and 2 wide. Now with my questions. I want to be able to open or unfold the cages kinda like a fishing tackle box out sideways of the deck. And then be able to slide them out away from the trailer on each side separating each cage by 15' to 20' or more(using hydraulics?) I would also like to be able to run wiring thru the cages and back to the trailer deck. The problems I am facing are how to run all the wiring and be able to have it expand and retract with the "arms" between each cage. And exactly what kind of "arms" (fold able hydraulic piston?) to use. Because they would have to be able to collapse down in a fairly small space on each end of the cages when stacked on the deck of the trailer. I have a good understanding of basic electrical and a fair understanding of mechanical stuff. So I can kind of visualize what I am trying to build but I am having trouble getting detailed diagrams and schematics drawn. At this point I am trying to get the diagrams drawn so I can build some models to test the mechanical parts. Any input would be great.

Engineering news on Phys.org
You know one thing that... we can build fold out walls for more visuals, we can add sound systems and flat screen TV's, we can create a reception area, provide bathrooms or kitchens. The roof can be used for higher elevation marketing or attract attention with flip-up signage that can be put up in minutes upon arrival at special events.thanks for sharing...Custom Trailers

Related to Custom Trailer Project Questions

What type of customization options are available for a trailer project?

The type of customization options available for a trailer project may vary depending on the manufacturer or company you are working with. However, some common customization options include size and dimensions, material, color, additional features such as ramps or shelves, and branding options.

How long does it take to complete a custom trailer project?

The time it takes to complete a custom trailer project also varies, as it depends on the complexity of the customization and the workload of the manufacturer. It is best to discuss a timeline with your chosen manufacturer before beginning the project.

What is the average cost of a custom trailer project?

The cost of a custom trailer project can vary greatly depending on the customization options chosen, the size and type of trailer, and the manufacturer. It is best to consult with the manufacturer for a quote specific to your project.

Do I need any special permits or licenses for a custom trailer project?

The need for special permits or licenses for a custom trailer project may vary depending on your location and the type of trailer being customized. It is best to check with your local authorities or the manufacturer for any necessary permits or licenses.

Can I make changes to my custom trailer project after it has been completed?

The ability to make changes to a completed custom trailer project may depend on the customization options chosen and the manufacturer's policies. It is best to discuss this with the manufacturer before beginning the project to ensure that any necessary changes can be made.