Welcome to our community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Custom made t-shirts?

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
I was walking around my college campus today thinking about how many students I passed who could don't know anything about the free online help world and would love to use MHB. Wearing a t-shirt with the site URL on it would be an easy way to spread the word for me and I wouldn't have to feel like I'm pushing it on other people by talking to them.

Does anyone have any experience with a company that will let you create a custom t-shirt online and ship it to you? I know there are many of these but don't know anything about the quality of the options.

Jameson

dwsmith

Feb 1, 2012
I was walking around my college campus today thinking about how many students I passed who could don't know anything about the free online help world and would love to use MHB. Wearing a t-shirt with the site URL on it would be an easy way to spread the word for me and I wouldn't have to feel like I'm pushing it on other people by talking to them.

Does anyone have any experience with a company that will let you create a custom t-shirt online and ship it to you? I know there are many of these but don't know anything about the quality of the options.

Jameson
In most malls, there are shops the embroid hats and shirts. It shouldn't cost much to have them put a website on a shirt.

• Admin

Jameson

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
In most malls, there are shops the embroid hats and shirts. It shouldn't cost much to have them put a website on a shirt.
With online vendors though you can compare prices and make it available for others to purchase, so I think that's more ideal here.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012

Jameson
When I was on the Grad Student Commons Board at UCSC, we had T-Shirts made for us through some online vendor. I'll get in contact with the person who had the shirts made for us and find out more about this.

Chris L T521

Staff member
Jan 26, 2012
And here's his response:

Hey Chris,

The vendor we used was BargainTees, and we communicated directly with Jia A. (vajihajafri@gmail.com). I emailed them and asked for a quote for 150 t-shirts with a custom design on non-sweatshop shirts, though you might as well take a look around their website and see what's more convenient for your purposes. I then sent them a file with the design (I used a vector file but I think they do JPG too). They sent me mockups, and then we went ahead and placed the order. I don't remember exactly how long it took for the shits to arrive, but it wasn't very long.
I should note that at this time, the vendor's site has malware and we can't view it. I would assume that no matter what vendor we go with, it will be a similar process to this.