Custom Equipment Manufacturing

In summary, the person is seeking advice on how to get a job in designing and building custom equipment. They have pursued a mechanical technical degree and have seen local companies that do this type of work. They are wondering if this degree is the best route or if getting a welding certificate and gaining on-the-job experience is a better option. Any personal examples or suggestions would be appreciated, and they are also considering whether a two or four year mechanical engineering degree would be more beneficial.
zewnten
I've tried searching for any similar threads but none came up please let me know of any. My question is how to get a job building custom equipment. I'm currently pursuing a mechanical technical degree in colorado. My ideal job has been since sixteen to design, build, and test custom heavy equipment or any machinery. I've seen a few local companies that do this and have tried to get in touch with them, but most ignored me or were rather vague in their answer. I'm wondering if an MET degree is the best way to do this or do like my friend did and get a welding certificate and then trained through on the job experience. Any personal examples or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And if the degree is the best should I get a two or four year MET?

Physics news on Phys.org
Speaking generally, "designing" would be better served with a mechanical engineering degree. Actually building the piece would be well served with apprenticing as a machinist, or doing a mechanical technical degree if it involves a lot of hands-on with those sorts of tools.

Related to Custom Equipment Manufacturing

What is "Custom Equipment Manufacturing"?

"Custom Equipment Manufacturing" is the process of designing and producing specialized equipment or machinery according to specific customer requirements. This can include everything from small tools to large industrial machinery.

What industries use custom equipment manufacturing?

Many industries utilize custom equipment manufacturing, including manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, agriculture, and construction. Essentially, any industry that requires unique tools or machinery for their specific operations can benefit from custom equipment manufacturing.

What are the advantages of using custom equipment manufacturing?

There are several advantages to using custom equipment manufacturing. It allows for more efficient and effective processes, as the equipment is designed specifically for the task at hand. It also allows for more precise and accurate results, as the equipment can be tailored to meet the exact requirements of the customer. Additionally, custom equipment can often improve safety and reduce costs in the long run.

What is the process of custom equipment manufacturing?

The process of custom equipment manufacturing typically involves several steps, including consultation and design, prototyping, testing, and production. The manufacturer works closely with the customer to understand their needs and develop a design that meets their specifications. Once the design is finalized, a prototype is created and tested to ensure it functions properly. Once approved, the equipment is then produced in larger quantities.

What should I look for in a custom equipment manufacturer?

When choosing a custom equipment manufacturer, it is important to consider their experience, expertise, and track record. Look for a company with a strong reputation in the industry and a history of successfully designing and producing custom equipment. It is also important to communicate clearly and regularly with the manufacturer to ensure your needs and expectations are met throughout the process.