Current through Voltage in a Transfer Function

In summary, the conversation discussed the process of solving a circuit's transfer function and the use of KCL to deduce IV characteristics. The specific question raised was why the KCL on the node attached to Vout did not consider the output current, only incorporating the currents of the remaining three wires. The speaker also mentioned a possible diagram for better understanding and provided a description of the circuit in question. The issue of not taking into account the current running to Vout when calculating the transfer function was also brought up.
KasraMohammad
I am trying to solve the transfer function of a circuit. I noticed in the explained notes provided by the teacher, he deduced certain IV characteristics using KCL. The KCL on the node attached to Vout did not consider the output current running to Vout, and instead only incorporated the currents of the remaining three wires attached to that node. Why is this? Do you disregard when calculating transfer function that there is current running to Vout?

Engineering news on Phys.org
It'll be a lot easier if you provide a diagram.

I don't have a diagram of it, but i can explain the circuit, though my question would be equally applicable to any two-port network that has Vin and Vout.

Its a Vin in series with the following in order of closest to Vin: Diode(1) + Diode(2)||Resistor(1) + Resistor(2). Vout is the node between Diode(2)||Resistor(1) and Resistor(2).

When taking the KCL of the node attached to Vout, the professor's notes did not take into account the current Iout, the current running out of that node towards Vout.

I hope my explanation makes sense.

Related to Current through Voltage in a Transfer Function

1. What is a transfer function?

A transfer function is a mathematical representation of the relationship between the input and output signals of a system. It describes how the output of a system is affected by various input signals.

2. How is current related to voltage in a transfer function?

In a transfer function, the current is directly related to the voltage through Ohm's law, which states that current is equal to voltage divided by resistance. Therefore, changes in voltage will result in corresponding changes in current in the transfer function.

3. What is the significance of current through voltage in a transfer function?

The current through voltage in a transfer function is important because it helps us understand how a system responds to changes in voltage. By analyzing the transfer function, we can determine how much current will flow through the system for different input voltages, which is crucial in designing and optimizing electronic circuits.

4. How is current through voltage represented in a transfer function?

In a transfer function, the current through voltage is typically denoted by the symbol I(s)/V(s), where s is a complex variable representing frequency. This representation allows us to analyze the frequency response of the system and understand how the current changes with varying input voltages at different frequencies.

5. How do we calculate the current through voltage in a transfer function?

To calculate the current through voltage in a transfer function, we first need to determine the transfer function itself. This can be done by taking the Laplace transform of the system's differential equations. Once we have the transfer function, we can substitute the input voltage value into the equation and solve for the current. Alternatively, we can plot the transfer function on a graph and determine the current through voltage by using the voltage as the independent variable and the current as the dependent variable.