Need Help with Algebra 1: 1800 cubic cm in a 12x6 box

In summary, the volume of a 12x6 box in cubic cm can be calculated by using the formula V = lwh, where l is the length, w is the width, and h is the height. To convert cubic cm to cubic inches, you can use the conversion factor 1 cubic inch = 16.387064 cubic cm. The formula for finding the volume of a rectangular prism is V = lwh, where l is the length, w is the width, and h is the height. There is a difference between cubic cm and cubic inches as they belong to different measurement systems and can be converted using a conversion factor. To visualize the volume of a 12x6 box, imagine a rectangular prism with a length
Superman89
Need help.

How long must a rectangular box be in order to hold 1,800 cubic centimeters if its width is 12 centimeters and its height is 6 centimeters?

Please help me.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hi Superman89,

Welcome to physicsforums. :smile:

Do you know how to find the volume of a box, given its width, length, and height?

- Warren

After I posted this thread I read my problem a little more and decided that i needed to use the "V=lwh" formula. And when I checked to see if I had any replies, your post prove me right. Thank you VERY MUCH!

What is the volume of a 12x6 box in cubic cm?

The volume of a box can be calculated by using the formula V = lwh, where l is the length, w is the width, and h is the height. In this case, the length is 12 cm, the width is 6 cm, and the height is 1 cm. Therefore, the volume of the box is 12 x 6 x 1 = 72 cubic cm.

How do I convert cubic cm to cubic inches?

To convert cubic cm to cubic inches, you can use the conversion factor 1 cubic inch = 16.387064 cubic cm. Multiply the number of cubic cm by this conversion factor to get the equivalent volume in cubic inches. In this case, 1800 cubic cm is equivalent to 1800/16.387064 = 109.8 cubic inches.

What is the formula for finding the volume of a rectangular prism?

The formula for finding the volume of a rectangular prism is V = lwh, where l is the length, w is the width, and h is the height. Simply multiply these three dimensions together to get the volume in cubic units.

What is the difference between cubic cm and cubic inches?

Cubic cm and cubic inches are both units of volume measurement, but they belong to different measurement systems. Cubic cm is a metric unit, while cubic inches is an imperial unit. 1 cubic cm is equivalent to 0.0610237 cubic inches. Therefore, to convert between the two, you would need to use a conversion factor.

Is there a way to visualize the volume of a 12x6 box?

Yes, you can visualize the volume of a 12x6 box by imagining a rectangular prism with a length of 12 cm, a width of 6 cm, and a height of 1 cm. This would create a box with a total volume of 72 cubic cm.